I have been reading quite a bit on the differences between these two camcorders. I know there is nothing but praise for the H20. I am almost sold on getting the H20 or H30, but I want to be sure I am getting the most future proof with my $650+ purchase. I have to buy a camcorder in the next two weeks for my daughter's first trip to Disney World.
What I want to be able to do:
1. Take high quality HD video
2. Be able to burn the HD video to a DVD that can play in current DVD players. I cannot afford to buy BluRay players for all of the family members just to see the video
What I have or have access to:
1. Sony Vegas 8 Pro
2. Adobe Premier Pro (I can purchase a business license from my neighbor for far less than retail).
Questions I need answer clarification:
1. Is the AVCHD video much worse than HDV?
2. Can I convert AVCHD files to be able to play in HD form on normal DVD players?
3. Do I have to buy the $11 MiniHDV tapes or can I use other tapes?
4. Is there any specific reasons to avoid AVCHD?
Thanks for all of your help from a newbie. I am coming from the old Hi8 camp.