Thread: Raynox DCR-250 Macro Lens - i need help

Default Raynox DCR-250 Macro Lens - i need help

This macro lens have:
    -Front Filter size : 49mm
    -Mounting thread : 43mm
    according to
    http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/vide...dex.htm#dcr150

Can somebody explain me, why does Raynox asking for additional RA5243A adapter ring in order to work properly with HV20?
    Raynox writes:
    It is necessary to mount RA5243A adapter ring (sold separately from us) when mounting the lens on the Canon HV20.

If lens have 43mm at mounting side, and HV20 have 43mm mounting thread, why i can't screw first to the second without RA5243A? Its seems there is some optical trick there?

any ideas guys?

Valued Member

I have the raynox dcr-250, and I'm not sure what you mean, but I just screw the lens on my hv20 and a 49-58 step upring to my 35mm adapter. Works just fine. What do you mean by "working properly" or "optical trick"?

Quote Originally Posted by minxshin View Post
    I have the raynox dcr-250, and I'm not sure what you mean, but I just screw the lens on my hv20 and a 49-58 step upring to my 35mm adapter. Works just fine. What do you mean by "working properly" or "optical trick"?
    If it works fine thats fine
    I just found Raynox ask for:
    "It is necessary to mount RA5243A adapter ring (sold separately from us) when mounting the lens on the Canon HV20" I think it ask for ring in order to be some extra space between HV20 lens and DCR-250 for better macro adaper working, but if you say its works fine without any step-up rings, thats ok and no problem then.

i am doing the searching for macro len as well, should you already get one, kindly post your review. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    If it works fine thats fine
    I just found Raynox ask for:
    "It is necessary to mount RA5243A adapter ring (sold separately from us) when mounting the lens on the Canon HV20" I think it ask for ring in order to be some extra space between HV20 lens and DCR-250 for better macro adaper working, but if you say its works fine without any step-up rings, thats ok and no problem then.

Newbie Member

Default About HV30 and Raynox DCR-250

Hi,, Im really new in foto and video but really enthusiastic about macro images....

Do I need something extra to take really good closeups with my HV30 plus the Raynox DCR-250??... There is some extra adapter I need?

Thanks,

Paco

Quote Originally Posted by pordux View Post
    Hi,, Im really new in foto and video but really enthusiastic about macro images....

Do I need something extra to take really good closeups with my HV30 plus the Raynox DCR-250??... There is some extra adapter I need?

Thanks,

Paco
    Technically you only need the macro adapter, but if you want to get real close in less than adequate light, you'd probably need a way to light your subject. You could use standard lighting and focus it or you could use something like a ring light to be mounted on the front of the HV30. Not sure where you could find one for the HV30 though.

Oh, and of course you'll need a good tripod. Those close ups will be very shaky without one.

Default Raynox

Hi,

here's some macro shots... with Raynox and without Raynox.
    The snail is WITH the macro lense... also the spider with the grass.. when I battle the spider a bit...
    When I shot the spider building it's web .. it's only the HV30 ... no lense attached.

Almost all shots HANDHELD. No tripod! (I got a Velbon C-600 but didn't use it for this video).
    I sometimes used a cheap very small mini tripod.. but not on the macro shots.. only scenery.
    Manual focus on all shots... I think.

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/6334194"]Canon HV30 WD-43 Raynox DCR-250 on Vimeo[/ame]