Thread: Live Music Clip

Valued Member

Default Live Music Clip

Here is a live music clip I shot the other day. I shot this with no Tripod about 50 feet away. I used full auto settings with 60i. I should have used 24p mode because it was getting dark (7:30pm) but I forgot to switch the camera to that mode. This clip has great sound. Check it out.

http://hv20.info/yopu/Live_Music.mp4

Forum Mogul

Default Very Nice!

Damn, I can't wait to get mine! So full auto and no external mic? If so, that's better than any of my external mics.

Valued Member

Quote Originally Posted by tkmslee View Post
    Damn, I can't wait to get mine! So full auto and no external mic? If so, that's better than any of my external mics.
    I was amazed at the sound too. I was at least 50 feet away and the clip sounds like I have a mic on the stage. I was impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by jaelupo View Post
    I was amazed at the sound too. I was at least 50 feet away and the clip sounds like I have a mic on the stage. I was impressed!
    That's the way I taped live outdoor stage performances for the last 3 years. I always sat as close as I could stand it to the speakers. They were huge so I usually kept about 15 to 20 feet minium. But 50 feet is outstanding. I just invested in a wireless XLR setup and was thinking about placing a mic right near the speaker farm this year but I may have to sample both. If I use my condenser mic I will probably run through a half dozen 9V a day which is way to expensive so I thought I'd try my Seinh.... dynamic which was kind of made for speaker pickups anyway. Since the remote xmitter/receiver costs over $500, I'd have to keep close tabs on the mic so that it doesn't get stolen. Picking up from the speakers is really the best solution because the sound man already mixes all the stage mics and instrument pickups down to a the best mix for the audience. Both sides of the stage receive the same mix so all I need is to be near one speaker farm.

I'm downloading right now as I right this. I'm interested to hear how it sounds.

Valued Member

Bluegrass,

The wireless mics sound like a good idea if you find some that run on rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. I find that if you stand near the speakers and don't have too many obstructions in the way the HV20 picks up decent sound. The speakers were really loud that day as well that always helps.