Thread: Cine mode controls

Default Cine mode controls

Hi: this is probably a dumb question, but when I am shooting the 24P Cinema, if I set it to Cine mode rather than TV (shutter control), can I still set the shutter (and the aperature using the trick)? If so, I can't seem to find a way via the menu/joystick to get there. Thanks

Exposure
    depress that center joystick and shift down to get to this sweet one

so I can set the shutter in Cine mode (not Cinema mode) using the joystick and then also lock the aperature using the joystick?

You can lock down exposure using the joystick. But you can't control the shutter speed (Tv) or aperture values (Av) in Cine Mode.

yes, but the exp. control fixes both the aperture and shutter on the same scale
    look up photo button trick
    and cinemode cheatsheet

to clarify,
    exposure actually consists of two things on all cams: shutter speed, and aperture
    On slrs, these are individually adjusted to account for each other
    On this cam, they are automated according to an 'exposure scale'
    Nd filter and Gain are adjustments at the end of the scale on this cam, that 'artificially' change exp.

Formerly Known As "Aramis"

Quote Originally Posted by texasmfp View Post
    Hi: this is probably a dumb question, but when I am shooting the 24P Cinema, if I set it to Cine mode rather than TV (shutter control), can I still set the shutter (and the aperature using the trick)? If so, I can't seem to find a way via the menu/joystick to get there. Thanks
    You cannot directly adjust shutter speed in Cinema mode, but you can adjust aperture via Exposure dial. Just lock Exposure and use the dial, then use Photo button to check current settings. In PF24 Cinemode the shutter speed is kept at 1/48 if you stay between F2 and F7.3, this is how most people would set it anyway. See the table here for details: http://www.elurauser.com/articles/ca...mode_table.jsp Note, that F7.3 is not exactly F7.3 because the camera adds up to 3 f-stops using built-in ND filter, so you are covered in almost any shooting condition unless you shoot a white wall or directly into the Sun.

If you need a shutter speed different from 1/48, than you are out of luck in the Cinemode.