Hey guys - I've been away for a while not as business has been very busy for the last few years. I wanted to fill you all in on a project I've been working on for a while. Last year I realized I needed to upgrade computers to keep up with my demand, so I started looking at options on the market. I discovered that there was a void in the 2,500 to 4,000 range between consumer desktops and high-end workstations, so I partnered with my longtime friend and computer-engineer Stephen Hayes to build a workstation to fill that gap. Once we finished my personal editing computer, we realized we had a truly unique product, and decided to produce it commercially as an alternative to the offerings from the major manufacturers. We will be launching in a week or two, but I wanted to give forum members a heads-up and give you all a chance to comment on it.
Here are the specs:
- Intel Ivy Bridge 3.4 or 3.5Ghz Quad-Core i7
- 16GB or 32GB of 1600Mhz RAM
- 3TB HDD, Optional 128GB or 256GB SSD in Addition
- GeForce GTX 570 Classified or 580 Classified
- USB 3.0 ports, Optional Firewire Card, and ability to add Thunderbolt
- Memory Card Reader Option and 2.5" SSD Hot-Swap Bay Option
What This Means:
Even our base model fully supports hardware acceleration in CS6, and has enough RAM to handle After Effects and enough storage space to hold lots of footage.
Please feel free to share your opinions - we'd love to hear your feedback. Thanks!