Hey, fellow filmmakers.
Back in March, I made a blog post detailing my efforts as I exported a locked picture from Premiere Pro to After Effects for scene-to-scene color correction.
You can check it here.
As my production efforts remain hampered by the availability suitable outdoor locations, I decided to remaster an early TSF episode for content and color.
The HV40 takes incredible pictures. Plug it into an HDTV and it'll blow your mind. But my weak-ass, 2004 era PC, with a whopping 2 gigs of RAM, struggles to resolve HD footage. Hell, my shit won't allow me to view in real time! Sometimes I have to render pieces to see if the edit is correct, then continue to work it.
With this episode, I learned to love my vector scope. I was able to use Premiere's tools to approximate what I would've done in After Effects, had I exported. Plus, I held on to my transitions without having to deal with running two RAM sucking applications at once. A win-win, in my book! It's not perfect, but I'm fairly pleased with the results.
Here they are: