Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Official Camcorders/DSLR Gears Sale Thread

  1. #1
    ...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Posts
    12,031

    Default Official Camcorders/DSLR Gears Sale Thread

    We will also be selling other Camcorders/DSLR gears, such as:

    Follow Focus:
    Follow-Focus-001.pngFollow-Focus-002.pngFollow-Focus-003.pngFollow-Focus-004.png


    Gear is removable and can be used on both sides of the follow focus:
    Follow-Focus-005.pngFollow-Focus-006.pngFollow-Focus-007.pngFollow-Focus-008.png


    Table Skate Dolly:
    Table%u00252520Skate%2520Dolly%2520001.pngTable%u00252520Skate%2520Dolly%2520002.pngTable%u00252520Skate%2520Dolly%2520003.pngTable%u00252520Skate%2520Dolly%2520004.png


    Ball head is pictured but not included in the package. But as shown, you can use it on both sides of the dolly:

    Table%u00252520Skate%2520Dolly%2520005.pngTable%u00252520Skate%2520Dolly%2520006.png
    Hv20.com Follow Focus - Backlash Test:
    Last edited by Marc-Alexandre Drapeau; 2012 May 16th at 00:54.
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

  2. #2
    Legend Almohada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Wow, that is all high quality merchandise. I would get the dolly for sure!!!! So affordable! I don't have a DSLR so might not need the follow focus (I have the HVFF for my HV) but I'd be interested in the mattebox!
    Vice President, Team HVFF - http://hvfffollowfocus.webs.com/ HV Follow Focus
    Proud owner CamDolly - Modular Camera Dolly and Slider System

  3. #3
    ...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Posts
    12,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almohada View Post
    Wow, that is all high quality merchandise. I would get the dolly for sure!!!! So affordable! I don't have a DSLR so might not need the follow focus (I have the HVFF for my HV) but I'd be interested in the mattebox!
    High quality! Very good!
    The dolly is of course a nice addition to the gear, and for the price!
    The mattebox is just awesome: functionality, durability and overall quality...really nice!

    Be sure to check the video I've added in post #1 about the backlash of the Follow Focus compared to the older version of the ProAim Follow Focus. The difference is quite important!
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Just read about the Follow Focus on the FB's "Frugal Filmmakers" Page! This looks great! I have been trying to find the best affordable; but visually appealing solution. I really have liked the $50 Kickstarter Follow Focus; but would really prefer a geared focus. Hoping this will be affordable! Keep us posted please!

  5. #5
    ...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Posts
    12,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by javapop View Post
    Just read about the Follow Focus on the FB's "Frugal Filmmakers" Page! [..] Hoping this will be affordable! Keep us posted please!
    Thanks for registering here! There's just as many great infos posted here everyday than on TFF Facebook page!
    I don't have the prices yet, except for the table dolly, but as soon as I'll have them, be sure I'll post them! One thing for sure: we'll have the most affordable FF available!
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

  6. #6
    Travelling MAL 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drapeama View Post
    I don't have the prices yet,
    yes you do! (lol, check your email....)

    A heads up: hv20.com member FF pricing as pictured is ABOUT $100 (FOB, PA), long standing members will get a discount from that...

    Dolly as pictured (without head): ABOUT $35, (FOB, PA), long standing members will get a discount from that...

  7. #7
    ...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Posts
    12,031

    Default

    Good news Mal!
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    i'm so glad i came back to check on hv20.

    when is this available ?

  9. #9
    Travelling MAL 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,863

    Default

    Soon....maybe a couple of months. Early July is best guess...

  10. #10
    FilmMaker Extraordinaire Daniel Rutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,487

    Default

    Mal, have you thought about inviting DarthPaully along to sell his HVFF through the forum store?

  11. #11
    Legend Almohada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rutter View Post
    Mal, have you thought about inviting DarthPaully along to sell his HVFF through the forum store?
    Sounds like a good idea! Probably better to direct traffic to this store than to another site, makes things less complicated.
    Vice President, Team HVFF - http://hvfffollowfocus.webs.com/ HV Follow Focus
    Proud owner CamDolly - Modular Camera Dolly and Slider System

  12. #12
    Travelling MAL 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rutter View Post
    DarthPaully along to sell his HVFF through the forum store
    Aye, indeed.

    But it will invariably bring in A LOT of other requests, which I will have to find time to decline.
    I have enough on my hands trying fend off all persons and companies who want to advertise.
    Also, I know Darth to be a good guy, but it does open up the issue of culpability if something should go wrong.

    "Mal, you say you're not responsible for other people's store, but you should know that...."
    Heck, I had that happen in the Trade&Exchange section.

    So, although the system allows other items to be sold by other members, I am hesitant to allow this....at least not at this stage...

  13. #13
    FilmMaker Extraordinaire Daniel Rutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,487

    Default

    No worries, just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there. You're doing good things with the store, I can definitely say I'll be getting some of the stuff you will end up selling.

    Is it just the table dolly and follow focus at the moment?

  14. #14
    Travelling MAL 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,863

    Default

    No, no.....there's MUCH more stuff.

    All in the works...

    More later.....

    It's going to be SWEET!

  15. #15
    Legend Almohada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    I assume the small profit will help run the site?
    Vice President, Team HVFF - http://hvfffollowfocus.webs.com/ HV Follow Focus
    Proud owner CamDolly - Modular Camera Dolly and Slider System

  16. #16
    Travelling MAL 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,863

    Default

    And pay for that Tesla!

  17. #17
    Travelling MAL 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,863

    Default

    By the way, there will be a tiered discount system.

    I'm still trying to find the three reasonable and fair cut-off points.


    Level 1:
    - Needed to place order.
    - ~ 3+ days member AND 3+ posts (this is already a promotion that's in place)

    Level 2:
    - Needed for a discount
    - ~ 365+ days member AND/OR 200+ posts

    Level 3:
    - Needed for a discount so high, it's almost illegal, but commonly referred to as "fallenoffthebackofatruck" pricing...
    - ~ 1460+ days member AND/OR 1000+ posts

    THOSE TIERS ARE NOT NECESSARILY FINAL.
    AS RED WOULD SAY(*): "SUBJECT TO CHANGE"





    * in other words, products may cost 5 times more than announced, and not be available until Fall 2018!
    Last edited by 1; 2012 May 10th at 01:23.

  18. #18
    Travelling MAL 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,863

    Default

    The mentioned tiered system will inevitably bring some unneeded and unwanted posts (to try and boost post count).

    The pub will get BUSY!!!

  19. #19
    Senior Member MrMicah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1 View Post
    By the way, there will be a tiered discount system.
    ...
    Level 3:
    - Needed for a discount so high, it's almost illegal, but commonly referred to as "fallenoffthebackofatruck" pricing...
    - ~ 1460 days+ member AND/OR 1000+ posts
    Hmmm. I'm sure I actually became a member in 2007... :-)

    I've been think that a follow focus would be a good thing to get, but I have been having fun playing with the bamboo skewer in the rubber tubing option.

  20. #20
    ...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Posts
    12,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1 View Post
    Level 3:
    - Needed for a discount so high, it's almost illegal, but commonly referred to as "fallenoffthebackofatruck" pricing...
    - ~ 1460 days+ member AND/OR 1000+ posts
    Sounds good to me! lol
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

  21. #21
    Tropical Legend cgbier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saipan, USA
    Posts
    13,572

    Default

    Micah, that follow focus shown in this thread is not meant for the HV. It's for a DSLR. For the HV, check our esteemed user DarthPaully and his HVFF. I, myself, don't need it, but it seems to be the best thing since sliced cheese.
    What you call a grumpy German? - Sour Kraut

  22. #22
    Senior Member MrMicah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Thanks.

  23. #23
    ...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Posts
    12,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgbier View Post
    For the HV, check our esteemed user DarthPaully and his HVFF. I, myself, don't need it, but it seems to be the best thing since sliced cheese.
    I second that. Even about the sliced cheese.
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Can't wait to buy some gear

  25. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Just wanted to say I appreciate all you guys are doing. The cost of these products have always been too overpriced because there was not enough competition. Keep up the great work.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •