Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Dreams - Short Film

Senior Member EvilBastardProductions's Avatar

Just thought i'd pop back in, re: the ending of this flick- a bit of perspective...

I think my initial reaction was mostly one of wtf.... I really wasnt expecting that twist And didn't know what to make of it at the time. The funny thing is, it kept me thinking long after watching (which is always a good thing).
    I decided in the end it worked (for me, as a consumer), partly because it's a different take on that particular mechinism (uniqueness is always good lol), partly because I was conflicted over my opinion of the ending, partly because it did keep me thinking about the ending, and partly because, well, I just liked the story.

Hope that makes sense- I didn't want to go into too much detail just incase others havent seen it yet.
    Evil Bastard Productions
    http://www.evilbastardproductions.com

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBastardProductions View Post
    Just thought i'd pop back in, re: the ending of this flick- a bit of perspective...

I think my initial reaction was mostly one of wtf.... I really wasnt expecting that twist And didn't know what to make of it at the time. The funny thing is, it kept me thinking long after watching (which is always a good thing).
    I decided in the end it worked (for me, as a consumer), partly because it's a different take on that particular mechinism (uniqueness is always good lol), partly because I was conflicted over my opinion of the ending, partly because it did keep me thinking about the ending, and partly because, well, I just liked the story.

Hope that makes sense- I didn't want to go into too much detail just incase others havent seen it yet.
    Hmmm. It did make me think too and I agree that this is good.

When watching, I wondered why the guy would meet his daughter in a street, wouldn't she just call on him at home? How the drugs could be sold by direct TV marketing without FDA approval?

Of course the conclusion doesn't provide boundaries between dreams and reality, so that means anything goes, but that also sets the writing beyond accountability. Therefore, I can't decide whether I liked it or not.

Production wise it was top drawer, as always with Fred's gigs. The sound could've used a little more TLC, but easily forgivable since everything else was so nice.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    -Bob Sanders

Forum Mogul

FC, you're like the Alfred Hitchcock of the internet. Your stories are so fairy tailish and self contained. Still go back and watch Disconnected every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by mark84j View Post
    FC, you're like the Alfred Hitchcock of the internet. Your stories are so fairy tailish and self contained. Still go back and watch Disconnected every now and then.
    Hey, thanks for watching, however when you say fairy taleish, they're not ALL fairy taleish. I'd like to think Disconnected isn't one haha. Also can you explain what you mean by self contained?

HueyNRolf - Most supplements are not FDA approved. If you look on the back there usually is a rectangle box that says they haven't been evaluated by the FDA. Even ones on TV.

----

Also those talking about the ending. The film should be noted to be an example of not dark comedy and thriller mixed in no harmony hence the quick end that doesn't flow just right. It's suppose to be an extreme mix and I was challenged to do so with this film.
    It should also be noted this was really hard to make. Not really sure while as it was different than my others but it was very demanding.

AGAIN thanks for watching guys!

Quote Originally Posted by FCRabbath View Post
    Also can you explain what you mean by self contained?
    Uh...self-contained means "self-contained". As in, stands up on it's own, doesn't require prior knowledge, wraps up all loose ends, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer S. View Post
    Uh...self-contained means "self-contained". As in, stands up on it's own, doesn't require prior knowledge, wraps up all loose ends, etc...
    I know the meaning, but what I'm asking is how does that fit in the context of the dreams? I mean I would imagine it's not since his dreams are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    How the drugs could be sold by direct TV marketing without FDA approval?
    Unfortunately, not rare here- a number of 'supplements' make rather outrageous claims, peddled on the tele with barely discernable *claims not approved by the FDA* tags for 1 - 2 seconds (usually during shot transitions).

Edit- just saw that FC said the same.
    More equipment than talent