"CONTRAST" [Summer Festival Trial]
The theme for this round* is CONTRAST. You can make it about anything, as long as there's contrast in it, at any level.
It can be Black & White, Good & Bad, Rich & Poor, Handsome & Ugly...simply at any level. This would show some creativity and we will elaborate our judgment template according to the new criterias**:
Reminder of the Rules:
1) Can*** be longer than 5 minutes, up to 10 minutes.
2) Shouldn't be rated over PG-13.
3) Video should be posted on vimeo official page ONLY. Videos for the current theme will not be available to view until the contest deadline > managed by Vishus, AJUK and drapeama.
4) The winner can enter the next competition!
5) a) Use of copyrighted material/songs : as long as it's not the center point/plot of the story, it's allowed. Otherwise user will be disqualified. Example: A Coca-Cola can/SONY TV somewhere in the movie isn't considered as a copyrighted infringement.
b) Use of copyrighted music both in lyrics, score or performance, other than such that is recorded incidentally during normal filming, without a release will result in the video being disqualified.
6) Entries must be made specifically for the theme submitted to, within the deadline. All entries made before the announcement of the theme will be disqualified.
7) Users judging the contests, Official Judges or not, should use the new template available here to post their reviews. Of course, only the officials judges' reviews will be considered to decide on a winner.
8) Deadline will be announced in a 24h time format. The week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Days are starting at 00:00 and ends at 23:59. Also, please refer to this UTC/GMT time to calculate the deadline in your zone (check on the right and select your country & state/province).
Contest deadline is Wednesday August 1st 23.59 UTC (11.59pm)
Submit your entries to the following group ONLY: http://www.vimeo.com/groups/antmansfilmfestival
* This round is a little special being a 3 months "Summer Festival" instead of the 2 weeks usual deadline.
** The new criterias are:
1) Respect of the Theme. It can be evident or subtle, being evident doesn't mean more points just like being subtle doesn't mean the opposite. Work on that. For 10 points.
2) Presentation of the Concept. It can be a rough poster (no need to make it broadcast quality) OR a little teaser (max 30 seconds). You must provide one before the deadline in order to avoid disqualification. You can provide it the day before the deadline without problem though. Please provide it in an individual thread in the Footage subforum as "Antman's Contest #35 - Your Title". Leave it open for discussion as well. For 10 points.
3) Story. It'll be reviewed like usual, but this aspect will be given an individual score. For 25 points.
4) Acting. It'll be reviewed like usual, but this aspect will be given an individual score. For 10 points.
5) Sound. It'll be reviewed like usual, but this aspect will be given an individual score. For 15 points.
6) Cinematography. It'll be reviewed like usual, but this aspect will be given an individual score. For 15 points.
7) Editing. It'll be reviewed like usual, but this aspect will be given an individual score. For 15 points.
*** Update on the allowed length of the videos. As the deadline is considerable, I think allowing longer entries could be a good idea. Can now be longer than 5 minutes but keep it under 10 minutes. Entries over will result in a disqualified entry.
**** Prizes. As this contest has a longer than usual deadline, it will obviously brings more entries. There is actually 4 prizes that haven't been given so far. Let's make a prizes selection (according to logical value of the prize):
1st place: HueyNRolf's Seiko Watch
2nd place: Vishus's Camera Stabilizer
3rd place: AJUK's LED Light Panel
4th place: drapeama's DIY FigRig
Good luck to everyone! Bring some interesting entries!