Thread: 60d work flow with vegas ?

Valued Member

Default 60d work flow with vegas ?

Hello

I just bought a canon 60d, and ive been looking on here to see if any one has posted a good work flow for sony vegas.
    havnt been able to find anything yet.

Is there one on here, or does anyone have any good tips ???
    I am mainly wanting to know the whole conversion process befor importing into sony vegas.

I used somones mpeg stream clip tutorial but it wouldnt convert the footage becasue it said there was an "error".

i also tried handbrake but as you can see in my test footage the pan starts out fine but then begins to stutter around the 30 second mark.

any help would be great

thanks

FilmMaker Extraordinaire Daniel Rutter's Avatar

What version of Vegas are you using, and also... we can't suggest a workflow. You have to mess around and build your own.

Media Management > Editing. If you handle your media properly before you drop it into your NLE... it will help out later on (I garantee it). Also, there is no distinct workflow... there are many for each different task.
    Hence: Mess around, build your own.

Sony Vegas 10 and 11 handle MOV files natively, so there's no need to re-encode them.

...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rutter View Post
    we can't suggest a workflow. You have to mess around and build your own. [...] Sony Vegas 10 and 11 handle MOV files natively, so there's no need to re-encode them.
    1) I agree. One workflow could work for one while it would not to another...to each his own: you have to find the one that suits your needs the best.
    2) That depends on the PC he's using. I, on a 2.9Ghz dual-core AMD with 8gb RAM, prefer to create intermediate files (Matrox codecs) to edit. Smoother.
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.