Thread: 8k for 4k Sony FS700

Default 8k for 4k Sony FS700

The Sony NEX FS700 – 4K for $8k

http://www.eoshd.com/content/7710/th...s700-4k-for-8k

I don't know. It will record 4k, but apparantly only to an external recorder. How much is the external recorder going to cost? Will it be back into the Red Scarlet price range with everything needed to shoot 4k?

On the plus side, it has ND filters included, great for shooting outdoors. It's less than the Canon C300 and does 4k.

As always will need to see footage first, but sounds like a nice cam.

I'm not a fan of the E mount, but you can get adapters.
    "beautiful girls are the cheapest special effect"
    - Roger Corman

Best Filmmaker 3 years in a row: 2010, 2011 and 2012 (NOT voted so by Derrick Ferguson) pstan423's Avatar

There's another feature of this cam that should be noted: insanely high frame rates at 1080p! I believe that Sony is truly trying to sell this camera more as a slow motion camera, which is exciting to say the least that Sony is trying to make fans of slow motion happy. As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been a price released just yet for the 4k recorder.

Forum Mogul

I don't see the point in anybody being so intrigued with 4k at this point in time anyway. And now that the pixel war has long since ended, practically any camera on the market can produce the same kind of images. It all depends on who is behind the camera, not the camera itself.

Best Filmmaker 3 years in a row: 2010, 2011 and 2012 (NOT voted so by Derrick Ferguson) pstan423's Avatar

The FS100 has put out amazing images all on its own. Phillip Bloom's "Portrait of a Boxer" interview is a perfect example of what the camera is capable of even at 1080p.