Thread: "Deal Blast" For Brand New Panasonic Lumix DMC GH2 (US $579.99 USD)

Default "Deal Blast" For Brand New Panasonic Lumix DMC GH2 (US $579.99 USD)

For those thinking about a GH2... TODAY is your DAY!

Brand New Panasonic Lumix DMC GH2 (US $579.99 USD) Available in LIMITED quantities!

With the right hacks, it really does some amazing quality. Normally this camera body on Amazon and B&H is still found for about $900 dollars, but today only there’s a deal blast for a new GH2 body bringing it under $580!

Better hurry, the last T3i deal blast went in mere minutes!

Legend

So if they can afford to sell them for $580.00 every one else was ripped off for $320.00?

Now you're getting it!

Quote:

Our products are covered by a warranty of 1 years parts and 90 days for labor. Due to our very low low prices, we are prevented from listing our items with manufacturer warranty. Rest assured, our products are the same as if you bought in stores
    Just so you guys know BEFORE purchasing, this is "grey market" and doesn't come with a "manufacturers" warranty, only a store warranty.

FilmMaker Extraordinaire Daniel Rutter's Avatar

Pfft... warranty is worthless, it's only 90 days or so anyway.

Bruce is probably watching this cursing himself, just as I am... I really want this camera, but it's too pricey currently. My GH1 is showing signs of age...
    Maybe I'll take the high road to Canon instead?

Naahh, not me. Actually I'm watching the upcoming new Olympus OMD, sample high ISO stills look phenomenal so far. If the video comes anywhere near living up to what the stills show, this will likely be my next camera.

Body only at B&H will list for $999, with 14-42 "kit" zoom $1099 if I remember correct. With the new 12-50mm weather sealed "kit" lens (this lens and new OMD body together will form a weather sealed camera) B&H will have it for $1299.

Check out this ISO 1600 sample:

http://whatdigitalcamera.media.ipcdi...b_P2280146.jpg

Bruce Foreman

I am a reforming videomaking addict

FilmMaker Extraordinaire Daniel Rutter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bif View Post
    Body only at B&H will list for $999, with 14-42 "kit" zoom $1099 if I remember correct. With the new 12-50mm weather sealed "kit" lens (this lens and new OMD body together will form a weather sealed camera) B&H will have it for $1299.

A great deal of image quality loss there, although it could have something to do with JPEG compression. It looks pretty bad though.

Maybe I'm nuts, but the GH2 still comes across as the killer camera for me. Mind you, I have seriously considered going over to Canon with the 600d/t3i... GH2 prices have been high lately, while the T3i keeps friendly at a nice 6-700 dollar price tag.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bif View Post
    Crop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (77.1 KB, 11 views)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rutter View Post
    A great deal of image quality loss there, although it could have something to do with JPEG compression. It looks pretty bad though.
    I can't imagine where you're getting the kind of quality loss that makes it look "pretty bad". What I linked to is a 2nd or 3rd generation JPEG "save" (Lisandra over at e-p1.net copied it from the site where the whole series on that model was posted, and she "cropped" it a bit, too) and I'm comparing the definition and tonal gradation to some 16x20 portrait prints from 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 ASA 100 Vericolor Professional negatives I shot in my studio days (1980's), hand printed at professional color labs.

Magnified to the same print size perspective it's a darned good match.

I "stumbled" across the site where that series was originally posted and that one looks just a bit sharper there, but Lisandra's copy still amazes. One or two others in that discussion thread found fault with it and her answer was, "What are you seeing that I'm not?"

I guess our individual computer/monitor/connection setups give us somewhat variable results but when it comes to portrait images I'm about as critical as we can get.

Maybe I'm nuts, but the GH2 still comes across as the killer camera for me.
    No, you're NOT nuts. I'm showing a program on M4/3 to our photo club tomorrow morning and I've pulled images of cameras, lenses, and sample images shot with the various gear. One shot with a GH2 is absolutely stunning in the detail it shows. I tried to "find" it again so I could link to it but I can't. There's no doubt the GH2 comes on very strong with great definition in both stills and video.

But the "next generation" starts to hit the market in April, no word on when the GH3 will come out but when it does it will have to go "head to head" with models like the Oly OMD E-M5. And it may surpass it for all we know.

Mind you, I have seriously considered going over to Canon with the 600d/t3i... GH2 prices have been high lately, while the T3i keeps friendly at a nice 6-700 dollar price tag.
    I know what you mean. I've kept a 60D for now, I have some nice lenses for it. But if that OMD has the IQ it looks to have, the body only option is not bad. Every lens you have that fits the GH1 will fit it, that includes adapted glass also. Of course the same is true of the GH2 and will be for the GH3.

Bruce Foreman

Default Another Deal Blast... Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3X w/ 14-42mm Lens ($349.99 USD Free S/H)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Lu...ht_3366wt_1165

A high quality small interchangeable lens camera normally going for $630 on Amazon for an insane deal at just $349 + Free shipping. Better hurry, these will be gone in a few minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by HD-tography View Post
    Better hurry, these will be gone in a few minutes!
    Yup... sold out in a few minutes!

The GF3 has no viewfinder.

Nothing but the LCD on the back.

Try and use it out in bright daylight and in sunlight.

Bruce Foreman

Maybe I'm nuts, but the GH2 still comes across as the killer camera for me. Mind you, I have seriously considered going over to Canon with the 600d/t3i... GH2 prices have been high lately, while the T3i keeps friendly at a nice 6-700 dollar price tag.
    Here's some more...Now I like my image tones and color a touch "deeper", a tad more "solid" but that's easy enough to "tweak" before the button on the camera is pressed. I'm used to setting it all up in manual mode so I see in the EVF (and this OMD will have more overlays and guide in the EVF than I'm used to seeing) or on the LCD (with a loupe) pretty much exactly what I want it to look like exposure wise. This guy is showing images SOOC as the camera set it up...

http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2012/0...t-bintang.html

Bruce Foreman