Thread: Dividing up video for DVD Architect

Default Dividing up video for DVD Architect

If I have split a video in 2, how do I just show 1 button which plays both videos in order?

You can create a playlist but there has to be the 2 files on the menu. I don't want that.

FilmMaker Extraordinaire Daniel Rutter's Avatar

either find a way to script it (I believe there is a way to script such things in DVD Architect, although I've never done this), OR edit the two clips into a Vegas Timeline, then render. Wouldn't take long, just make a less than SD render.

Other than that, no idea.

I didn't want the viewer to know the files were divided up. I can create a 2nd menu with a "playlist" and a 3rd "submenu" and name it "FILE MENU" or something and that will show all the individual files, however, that is slightly unprofessional.

This is blu-ray, that's why I divided each video so that if I have to make a correction or a the render fails, it's less time to fix and re-render.

The logical way to go is to put both videos in one playlist and link the button to the playlist. Alternatively, you could specify an end action to video 1 (see Media Properties) and under Command Link specify Video 2 as the Destination. When video 1 ends, video 2 then starts playing. Does that solve your problem?

Lou
    S/W: Sony Vegas Pro 12, PC: Processor Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Camera: HF M41 PAL, WD-H43 Wide Adapter, Røde VM/SVM + Canon DM-100 mic.

My understanding is that in order to insert media into the project, that media has to be inserted and has to have a button. It can't be "hidden". So two videos will have to have 2 buttons SOMEWHERE in the project.

the media has to be ALREADY inserted to create the playlist.

If I'm wrong correct me, but that's the only options I see when using the program.

I haven't used it for years, but the way Lou describes is the way to go. You don't have to assign buttons to a track if you work with a playlist. The end action should be sufficient. If you don't do that the second clip will be orphaned.

Does DVD Architect have a graphical disk editor? You should be able to link your two media nodes under one button.
    What you call a grumpy German? - Sour Kraut

You can actually insert media outside of a menu by adding it to the project window at the left. Click the + sign on top and follow the instructions. You can link the media to a button later on. Use the Help function, it contains everything you need to know.

Lou
    S/W: Sony Vegas Pro 12, PC: Processor Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Camera: HF M41 PAL, WD-H43 Wide Adapter, Røde VM/SVM + Canon DM-100 mic.