Thread: Do you use EOS Utility or?

Valued Member

Default Do you use EOS Utility or?

I finally got a little time to play with my new 60D with Canon 85mm f/1.8 usm lens. Shooting video is very different compared to a camcorder. Probably take me sometimes to get good at it. It is very tricky when come to focusing an object but I think I can adapt the changed from camcorder to DSLR.

Anyway, do you guys prefer to use the Canon EOS Utility to transfer your video/pictures file? Or copy the file from SD card to PC. I shot some footages and still but have not got a chance to transfer anything yet. Give me your thought. Thank you.

The only method I use is to copy the files from the SDHC card to the PC using a card reader (either the one built in to the PC or one of the many multi-format readers that connect to the USB port).

Safest and simplest.

Bruce Foreman

I am a reforming videomaking addict

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bif View Post
    The only method I use is to copy the files from the SDHC card to the PC using a card reader
    Meaning Bif lets Windows copy files from the card directly, into a folder on an internal or external harddrive. There's no need for the EOS utility.

Same here. I lock the card, put it in the card reader (built-in, just a slot in the side of my iMac), and copy the files.

Beware of any software that "transfers" files - i.e. erases them from the card just after they have been copied. If anything goes awry there, you're in trouble. There's a thread about that, somewhere around here...

After you are certain you have OK copies, and backups of them, you may format your card. (Don't forget to unlock it first... )