Thread: music background options on a DVD ?

Default music background options on a DVD ?

So I'm working on this Indian wedding, and each copy is going to be 4-5 DVD's, since the event spanned over 3 days.

I have to give them the full versions of a lot of stuff because it's a "cultural" thing that they want.

Is there a way to watch through footage and have an option to play music in background?

Unfortunately I use SONY VEGAS DVD which is garbage and does not offer hardly ANY creative options like this (hence the $50 price which is pocket change for a "professional" product IMO).

Which software is more reflective of 2012 with these options?

I think you will have to create two soundtrack versions. One without bg music and one with. Then the viewer will have to select which one to listen to. Kind of like selecting a directors commentary.

Like Khaver says. The video isn't actually doubled so you don't need extra space apart from any additional audio. DVDA (which I guess is the Vegas DVD appn you're referring to) also let's you add multiple audio tracks that you can switch between with the audio button on most remotes. Or you could just press mute.

Valued Member

Quote Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
    Which software is more reflective of 2012 with these options?
    Video and numbers of audios can be muxed together so you have to just swith audio within menu or user can do that with Remote Control. This is basic feature of DVD Architect, but not Sony Vegas only (or like any other videoeditor, DVD with multi audio feature). This feature is even supported by free DVD Authorings.