Thread: Creative-Pay. An idea about getting paid for your work.

Default Creative-Pay. An idea about getting paid for your work.

I have been working on an alternative to selling work for a fixed price or to give it away for free.

Creative-Pay: The price paid is determined by the value the user attaches to the work.

I don't like the idea of asking for donations as it focuses on costs and puts the author in a victim position.

Creative-Pay focuses on value and that value is different for each user.

It won't stop piracy, but I think quite a few are willing to pay directly to the artist, if they perceive value.

Have a look at Creative-Pay.com and let me know what you think.
    HFS21 l HF100 l DM100 l Zoom H1

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Playing View Post
    It won't stop piracy, but I think quite a few are willing to pay directly to the artist, if they perceive value.
    Awhile ago I thought that I'd likely buy all of his work if I could pay Beck Hansen directly and close to at cost.

Creative-Pay.com? Couldn't get it to load. First hurdle... I don't know, it sounds like auctioning work only more intimate.

I don't like the idea of asking for donations as it focuses on costs and puts the author in a victim position
    Why is that? Donationware is pretty common meanwhile in the software cottage industry.
    What you call a grumpy German? - Sour Kraut

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Benway View Post
    Creative-Pay.com? Couldn't get it to load. First hurdle... I don't know, it sounds like auctioning work only more intimate.
    Thanks for taking the time. I can't see a problem from here. Will have to see if others can get through. Yea, an auction where every bidder gets the product

Quote Originally Posted by cgbier View Post
    Why is that? Donationware is pretty common
    It's just a personal thing. People who ask for donations normally tell you how much it costs to produce and host the work, and that they need to eat, rather than how good a product they made.

Interesting. I have never experienced that. There are plenty of nifty donationware tools out there, and I don't have a problem to click on the "Donate" button if I need/like what I got. I know how much that stuff costs, so I don't have a problem with donations.
    On the other hand, if someone whines about his costs, then I'm asking myself (and mostlikely also him) why he didn't commercialize his project, or why he just doesn't quit.
    What you call a grumpy German? - Sour Kraut