Thread: There is no Pro & Industry Standards

Default There is no Pro & Industry Standards

An interesting read about paradigms and their possible shifts in the teh editing industry. The dinosaurs will go extinct again.
    What you call a grumpy German? - Sour Kraut

Fluffy.

Hah.
    Vice President, Team HVFF - http://hvfffollowfocus.webs.com/ HV Follow Focus
    Proud owner CamDolly - Modular Camera Dolly and Slider System

Whether to call a FOLDER a BIN or a FOLDER is not really such a big deal in the great scheme of things.

Fluffy.

Forum Mogul

Nice read. Kind of reminds me of Press Pause Play. Also, now that technology is so easily obtainable to the average child, it's being used so much and densely that the industry is accepting mediocre work. Mediocrity is becoming the standard of which to be met with open arms, and it sucks.

I tried out the DSLR product and decided to go back with tape. Most would probably consider Mini DV tapes the new floppy disks lol.

Merchandising Moderator darthpaully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mark84j View Post
    Also, now that technology is so easily obtainable to the average child, it's being used so much and densely that the industry is accepting mediocre work. Mediocrity is becoming the standard of which to be met with open arms, and it sucks.
    I could not agree more- and this goes for almost any industry, including, and especially, the music industry.
    HVFF Team Captain -Want to order an HVFF follow focus for your HV20/30/40? Go to http://hvfffollowfocus.webs.com/ or Send me a PM or email: darthpaully@yahoo.com for more info.

Mark, I agree with you whole hartedly. On the other hand, the democratization of electronics has also brought put many talents that wouldn't have been able to ever come out.

What hobby would we have if a simple editing was still $100k? I wouldn't want to sell my private jet just for documenting my boy growing up.
    What you call a grumpy German? - Sour Kraut

Forum Mogul

Fair point, cg. Double edged sword I guess.