Page 29 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 725 of 4741

Thread: Tech companies

  1. #701
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    It states it guy's post who took the 2 cell phones up.



    https://discussions.apple.com/message/7877266#7877266

    But you can demonstrate for yourself. Put your finger on your monitor and lightly press it and watch the distortions take place under your finger pressure. This happens because the lcd is pressure sensitive. The same thing happens at altitude but in the opposite direction. Instead of the vessel being pushed in it gets expanded outwards. The voids created start looking black.
    Anecdotal. Try again.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  2. #702
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    Anecdotal. Try again.
    forget it. Why bother. Somebody can hit you over the head with a 2 by 4 and still you'd sit there.... DUH....

    Either you believe it or you don't. What do I care either way.

  3. #703
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    Either you believe it or you don't. What do I care either way.
    Why should I believe you? Clearly you're angry because the expedition decided to use Apple products. Why should I care that you're pissed off?
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  4. #704
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    Why should I believe you? Clearly you're angry because the expedition decided to use Apple products. Why should I care that you're pissed off?
    Keep talkin' there guy.... I'm listening.... I promise!

  5. #705
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    Keep talkin' there guy.... I'm listening.... I promise!
    Never mind, Bob. You'll get over it. Better luck next time.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  6. #706
    Tropical Legend cgbier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saipan, USA
    Posts
    13,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    But you can demonstrate for yourself. Put your finger on your monitor and lightly press it and watch the distortions take place under your finger pressure.
    Nope, won't work. Macs have glass screens. The only thing that might happen is to break the glass, but that'll take a lot of pressure.
    What you call a grumpy German? - Sour Kraut

  7. #707
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgbier View Post
    Nope, won't work. Macs have glass screens. The only thing that might happen is to break the glass, but that'll take a lot of pressure.
    Correct!
    I think I gave Bob's argument a fair go. But of course, when he couldn't back up his case he spat the dummy and confirmed what I, and I'm sure others, already know: he's just a bitter-Apple-hating believer.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  8. #708
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgbier View Post
    Nope, won't work. Macs have glass screens. The only thing that might happen is to break the glass, but that'll take a lot of pressure.
    Most if not all lcd vessels are glass of some kind. I don't know apple but they may have an additional glass plate over the actual lcd panel. This however would have little effect on the lcd panel itself... it's simply that you can't put your finger on the actual panel. And yes... glass flexes.

  9. #709
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    when he couldn't back up his case he spat the dummy and confirmed what I, and I'm sure others,
    I did. I gave you a post directly from an apple owner. If you choose not to believ him then the issue is not mine. Take it up with him you idiot.

    And what you said was that you assumed the 10,000 foot rating was left over from the hard disk days. You were proven wrong. Don't try and twist it.
    Last edited by Bob Sanders; 2012 March 24th at 11:43.

  10. #710
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    I did. I gave you a post directly from an apple owner. If you choose not to believ him then the issue is not mine. Take it up with him you idiot.
    Anecdotal. Look it up if you don't know what it means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    And what you said was that you assumed the 10,000 foot rating was left over from the hard disk days. You were proven wrong. Don't try and twist it.

    Where did I say that?
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  11. #711
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    Some speculate that it's an old blanket spec to cover devices with hard disks.
    ..

  12. #712
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,751

    Default

    "SOME SPECULATE" is not the same as I assumed. And you conveniently left out "Nobody seems to know."

    Here's the quote:

    Nobody seems to know why the specs say 10K feet. Some speculate that it's an old blanket spec to cover devices with hard disks.
    http://www.hv20.com/showthread.php?4...l=1#post435105

    It's you who are twisting things.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  13. #713
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,751

    Default

    HP shareholders question why company isn't more like Apple

    "During the Q&A session of Hewlett Packard's annual shareholder meeting, individuals grilled CEO Meg Whitman on why the company isn't as innovative and successful as Silicon Valley neighbor and rival Apple."

    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ike_apple.html


    HP CEO Meg Whitman
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  14. #714
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    HP shareholders question why company isn't more like Apple
    They have every right to be angry and ask questions. Like I said in a previous post.... I won't be buying HP again any time in the near future. They handled me badly so my hard earned money now goes elsewhere now.

    F YOU HP.

  15. #715
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    They have every right to be angry and ask questions. Like I said in a previous post.... I won't be buying HP again any time in the near future. They handled me badly so my hard earned money now goes elsewhere now.

    F YOU HP.
    But do you hate HP as much as Apple?
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  16. #716
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    But do you hate HP as much as Apple?
    They're both evil. Does it really matter which one is the more?? Lots of other options out there.

  17. #717
    Forum Mithril blondandfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    They're both evil. Does it really matter which one is the more?? Lots of other options out there.
    You sound like a socialist, like Obama.

  18. #718
    Forum Mithril blondandfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    HP shareholders question why company isn't more like Apple

    "During the Q&A session of Hewlett Packard's annual shareholder meeting, individuals grilled CEO Meg Whitman on why the company isn't as innovative and successful as Silicon Valley neighbor and rival Apple."
    You are a lalalalalalala idiot. HP has more revenue than apple. They revolutionized the ink jet printing industry. You old timers think that just because they are "technology" they are on the same playing field, they are not. Apple is not a technology company, apple is just a "cool" company, that is it. Web browsing and personal communications is all there is today in the "PC" market today. Any hand-held calculator today could handle the mission to the moon, it's not even a market any more. The ipad is just an overpriced "slate" for reading emails and news, it's so elementary useless it's laughable.

    Saying that HP isnt as innovative as apple is so lalalalalalala stupid since they are in different markets and HP has so much more history and is more established company. Of course apple is more "hip", they were NOTHING in the late 90's, they are like that cool young kid but they will surely age and become fat losers like most "cool kids" end up (like yourself).
    Last edited by blondandfun; 2012 March 27th at 04:23.

  19. #719
    Tropical Legend cgbier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saipan, USA
    Posts
    13,343

    Default

    What you call a grumpy German? - Sour Kraut

  20. #720
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
    You are a lalalalalalala idiot. HP has more revenue than apple. They revolutionized the ink jet printing industry. You old timers think that just because they are "technology" they are on the same playing field, they are not. Apple is not a technology company, apple is just a "cool" company, that is it. Web browsing and personal communications is all there is today in the "PC" market today. Any hand-held calculator today could handle the mission to the moon, it's not even a market any more. The ipad is just an overpriced "slate" for reading emails and news, it's so elementary useless it's laughable.

    Saying that HP isnt as innovative as apple is so lalalalalalala stupid since they are in different markets and HP has so much more history and is more established company. Of course apple is more "hip", they were NOTHING in the late 90's, they are like that cool young kid but they will surely age and become fat losers like most "cool kids" end up (like yourself).
    This is the opinion of HP shareholders, not mine. Oh and, as of January 2012:

    Apple storms past HP to lead global PC market

    http://www.canalys.com/newsroom/appl...obal-pc-market
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  21. #721
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,751

    Default

    “The consumerization of IT continues to be a significant disruptive force in the PC industry, but many of the leading vendors have failed to capitalize on the trend to date,” said Coulling. “This year will be a pivotal year for those vendors that were slow to launch pads. It is not just the product that they need to get right, business models are equally important - driving revenues from content delivery can help vendors reach lower price points in a market that is incredibly price sensitive.”

    Absolutely!
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  22. #722
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    “The consumerization of IT continues to be a significant disruptive force in the PC industry, but many of the leading vendors have failed to capitalize on the trend to date,” said Coulling. “This year will be a pivotal year for those vendors that were slow to launch pads. It is not just the product that they need to get right, business models are equally important - driving revenues from content delivery can help vendors reach lower price points in a market that is incredibly price sensitive.”

    Absolutely!
    The PC world surely has slipped a little... but microsoft still owns a bit better than 90% of the market. That isn't changing any time soon.

  23. #723
    Tropical Legend cgbier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saipan, USA
    Posts
    13,343

    Default

    Give it a couple of years, Bob.

    There's, btw, an initiative in Holland to found elementary schools (four are planned for August 2013) based around iPads. o4nt.nl
    Our college has gotten a grant for distance education. A PC/Mac doesn't play much of a role in that plan, besides providing content.
    Apple's iTextbooks have started to make an impact. A lot of school districts are looking very closely at its development.

    Your secretary might be using a PC for quite while, but for general computing the desktop is (for the future) a dead concept.
    What you call a grumpy German? - Sour Kraut

  24. #724
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgbier View Post
    There's, btw, an initiative in Holland to found elementary schools (four are planned for August 2013) based around iPads.
    An ipad is not a computer replacement. Not even for students.

  25. #725
    Tropical Legend cgbier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saipan, USA
    Posts
    13,343

    Default

    Why not?
    What you call a grumpy German? - Sour Kraut

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •