Page 15 of 190 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 4741

Thread: Tech companies

  1. #351
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    So you don't have a point, do you.
    The point has already been made. What Apple does or does not do has nothing to do with HP... dell... etc. What arrangements/contracts made between apple and foxconn has nothing to do with foxconn's arrangements/contracts with its other customers.

    It is you who lacks any point. You keep trying to form connections where there aren't any.

  2. #352
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    The point has already been made.
    By whom? Not you, that's for sure.
    I doubt that anyone buys your pious double standards. I certainly don't.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  3. #353
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    I doubt that anyone buys your pious double standards.
    And what double standards might those be?

  4. #354
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    And what double standards might those be?
    That you're a consumer of cheap-labor products yet you preach about workers' rights.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  5. #355
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    That you're a consumer of cheap-labor products yet you preach about workers' rights.
    Ummm... no. It's Apple who is preaching... or have you lost sight of that?

  6. #356
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    Ummm... no. It's Apple who is preaching... or have you lost sight of that?
    So you're just bandwagoning then.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  7. #357
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    So you're just bandwagoning then.
    Have you not been following this thread???

    My entire argument is with the grand show that Apple is trying to put on here. They are trying to tell the American public that they care.... which of course they don't

  8. #358
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    Have you not been following this thread???

    My entire argument is with the grand show that Apple is trying to put on here. They are trying to tell the American public that they care.... which of course they don't
    That's just your opinion. You never did back that up with any facts.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  9. #359
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    That's just your opinion. You never did back that up with any facts.
    And I said a LONG time ago that if I (or anyone else) could prove this Apple lie then Apple wouldn't be doing it because it would be a lot like a self inflicted gun shot wound.

    Did you miss that one too? Would you like me to go back and point to it.... or do you think you're old and wise enough to find it on you're own?

  10. #360
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    And I said a LONG time ago that if I (or anyone else) could prove this Apple lie then Apple wouldn't be doing it because it would be a lot like a self inflicted gun shot wound.
    That makes it opinion, not fact.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  11. #361
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    That makes it opinion, not fact.
    Please show me ANYWHERE which I have labeled my words "fact"

  12. #362
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    Please show me ANYWHERE which I have labeled my words "fact"
    Fair enough, so all of this is just your opinion then. That's all I've been saying for the last three pages.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  13. #363
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    That's all I've been saying for the last three pages.
    not quite

  14. #364
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    not quite
    I lost count of the number of times I wrote:

    "You're entitled to your opinion"

    But as Balmer would say, you just kept 'coming and coming and coming' with your believer's propaganda .

    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  15. #365
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    I lost count of the number of times I wrote:
    You said it's ALL you've said in the last 3 pages. That's an inaccurate statement. You went off on wild tangents asking questions about different pay scales and possible problems that would cause.... how the Chinese couldn't set up a western style system.... how Apple seems to be so proud of hiring Americans..... etc.

    I haven't gone back and checked mind you (too lazy) but I don't think you have mentioned 'opinions' ONCE in at least the last 2 pages.

  16. #366
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    You said it's ALL you've said in the last 3 pages. That's an inaccurate statement. You went off on wild tangents asking questions about different pay scales and possible problems that would cause.... how the Chinese couldn't set up a western style system.... how Apple seems to be so proud of hiring Americans..... etc.

    I haven't gone back and checked mind you (too lazy) but I don't think you have mentioned 'opinions' ONCE in at least the last 2 pages.
    I did engage in discussion with you, but it was all based on your opinion. For example; you hypothesized about how Apple could change things at Foxcomm and I discussed it with you.

    But now you admit that it's just your opinion, right?
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  17. #367
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    I did engage in discussion with you, but it was all based on your opinion. For example; you hypothesized about how Apple could change things at Foxcomm and I discussed it with you.
    Is that another way of saying that you agree your '3 page' statement is inaccurate?

  18. #368
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    Is that another way of saying that you agree your '3 page' statement is inaccurate?
    No.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  19. #369
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    No.
    Then if you don't mind you'll go back and prove it by counting the number of times you said "you're entitled to your opinion" over the last 3 pages?

  20. #370
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    Then if you don't mind you'll go back and prove it by counting the number of times you said "you're entitled to your opinion" over the last 3 pages?
    No.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  21. #371
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    No.
    So then I guess it would be.... your.... (inaccurate) opinion?

  22. #372
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    So then I guess it would be.... your.... (inaccurate) opinion?
    What that your statement is just your opinion?

    Oh and opinions are subjective, you dolt.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  23. #373
    Perpetually angry! Bob Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    Oh and opinions are subjective,
    Well... If we go by your last few posts we can safely say their not fact

  24. #374
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    These are the facts. You said:

    Apple is telling more lies to the general public in trying to convince those that they care about places like foxconn and its workers.
    So Apple is not just stepping on the Chinese neck ONCE as other companies are for the cheap labor, but yet a SECOND time for image cleansing purposes. Way to go Apple!!
    Etc. etc. There are many more like this, but it would get too repetitive if I added more.

    These are just your opinions, which you're entitled to. Fact.

    Also, you quoted:

    Foxconn executive Louis Woo said that he would actually like it if Apple demanded that the company double the pay of factory employees. Your move, Apple.

    http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/22/28...conn-factories

    Someone omitted "when asked" and added "said that he would actually like it"

    So this is inaccurate . That's another fact.

    Here it is from the horse's mouth (see end):

    Last edited by HueyNRolf; 2012 March 5th at 01:20.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

  25. #375
    Legend HueyNRolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    13,750

    Default

    Head of FLA says that Apple’s iPad plants in China are ‘way above average’ and ‘tranquil’

    http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/02/...-and-tranquil/

    Apple iPad plant conditions better than the norm: agency

    "(Reuters) - Working conditions at Chinese manufacturing plants where Apple Inc's iPads and iPhones are made are far better than those at garment factories or other facilities elsewhere in the country, according to the head of a non-profit agency investigating the plants."

    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...r&dlvrit=56505



    Your move, Bob.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •