My review of the RØDE 10ft BoomPole with some pictures:
The box was very well packaged:
The pole was in a carton tube as well:
Well secured in a tube, surrounded by plastic airbags!
The pole itself, straight out of the box:
Mounting accessories (The 3/8 tip + 2 piece of rubber serving as stoppers):
The Velcro© straps:
The Bottom cap, allowing the cable to pass through:
Once removed, you can pass the cable through the pole and securing it with the cap, to prevent cable to be loose:
The parts, removed to pass the cable:
At full length/retracted:
The rubber stopper and the 3/8 to 5/8 adapter:
The stopper allow the shockmount to sit on it when fully screwed, so it doesn't move:
So, here's a quick review...
- It's a bit heavier than I though at approximately 2 pounds.
- The twist-locks are quite solid and seems to be well built.
- The foam handle is great, long enough help for the grip.
- The rubber stoppers are welcome when using the adapter. Without them, you can screw up to 5/8 deep.
- The system allowing to put the cable inside the pole is well built and seems to work well so far (haven't tried it much longer).
- The retracted length is nice for Sound Effects/Foley recording. Way better than the 5ft retracted painter pole (which was cumbersome).
- Overall, it seems like a great addition to a gear bag for the price!