Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antman's Film Contest #31: 21 Seconds

Thumbs up Antman's Film Contest #31: 21 Seconds

"21 Seconds"

For this round it is open genre. The challenge is, your film must be 21 seconds or less.

Reminder of the Rules:
    1) Shouldn't be rated over PG-13.
    2) Video should be posted on vimeo official page ONLY. Videos for the current theme will not be available to view until the contest deadline > managed by Vishus, AJUK and drapeama.
    3) a) Use of copyrighted material: as long as it's not the center point/plot of the story, it's allowed. Otherwise user will be disqualified. Example: A Coca-Cola can/SONY TV somewhere in the movie isn't considered as a copyrighted infringement.
    b) Use of copyrighted music both in lyrics, score or performance, other than such that is recorded incidentally during normal filming, without a release will result in the video being disqualified.
    c) Entries must be made specifically for the theme submitted to, within the deadline. All entries made before the announcement of the theme will be disqualified.
    4) Users judging the contests, Official Judges or not, should use the template available here to post their reviews. Of course, only the officials judges' reviews will be considered to decide on a winner.
    5) Deadline will be announced in a 24h time format. The week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Days are starting at 00:00 and ends at 23:59. Also, please refer to this UTC/GMT time to calculate the deadline in your zone (check on the right and select your country & state/province).

Contest deadline is Monday January 23rd 2011 0800 UTC (8.00 am) . Which translates to just over two weeks.

But how do I tell a story in 21 second or less? you ask… Well that is the creative challenge! It forces us to be concise and clear. Of course, you can choose to go with something more visual and less narrative too if you would like.

The inspiration for this them is the short 6-word story from Ernest Hemingway: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." It tell a story and evokes an emotion in six simple words!

There are also a lot of 5-second films out there such as: http://vimeo.com/27470901

Get your thinking caps on, and let's get the most entries ever!

Submit your entries to the following group ONLY: http://www.vimeo.com/groups/antmansfilmfestival

Quote Originally Posted by Vishus View Post
    For this round it is open genre. The challenge is, your film must be 21 seconds or less.
    Brilliant!

Do you need a judge?
    Update please, BooF?

Alright, now I think there's no excuse to not have an entry, especially myself, ha. I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by paperkut12 View Post
    Alright, now I think there's no excuse to not have an entry, especially myself, ha. I like this idea.
    There is ALWAYS an excuse! You're obviously not looking hard enough...

I may enter for once... we'll see... I have limited equipment now, so back to basics

FilmMaker Extraordinaire Daniel Rutter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HD-tography View Post
    I have limited equipment now
    BAHAHAHA... No you don't. You have what the rest of us have. A camera, and a mic. You can do anything with those

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rutter View Post
    BAHAHAHA... No you don't. You have what the rest of us have. A camera, and a mic. You can do anything with those
    Thanks Daniel

You're right! I've still got a very useful Canon HF S200 (With Wide Angle Lens, Canon ZR-2000 LANC, Canon DM-100 Mic, And Tons Of Accessories), TONS of Memory Cards, 3 Zoom H1 Recorders, 4 Lavs, A Z96 LED Light, Couple 5-in-1 40inch Reflectors, A Compact 4 Stage Manfrotto Tripod with Manfrotto 700RC2 Mini Fluid Head, A Monopod with Manfrotto Ball Head (Great Makeshift Jib!), And A Konova Slider.

Just used most of it on a shoot last night, I made due with what I have

Hopefully will have some time for this one, not much to shoot, but the edit still takes time to put out something that looks polished.

Could be a good excuse for some really off the wall stuff here. Also a good excuse for some one-shot stuff if appropriate. I have been watching some of the 5-second film stuff for inspiration. Those guys are mad geniuses!

...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar

That will require a lot of creativity! Ah well...
    Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    Brilliant!
    Do you need a judge?
    1) You must be, to make something for this one!
    2) I'd like you to step in for this one, as it will require some of your skills to make a good judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by paperkut12 View Post
    I'll believe it when I'll approve your entry in the pending list!
    Quote Originally Posted by HD-tography View Post
    There is ALWAYS an excuse! You're obviously not looking hard enough...
    I may enter for once... we'll see... I have limited equipment now, so back to basics
    1) I had a smile when I first read it!
    2) I'd like to see an entry from you! Even with the most limited equipment one could do something great. Just for the cause, I think I'll use my TRV-340 back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rutter View Post
    I second Dan on this one!
    I have been watching some of the 5-second film stuff for inspiration. Those guys are mad geniuses!
    Indeed...I'm unfortunately not one of them because I don't have any idea at the moment...
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

I think this is a really great idea for a contest. Well thought.
    Canon 5D Mk2 / Canon HV20

La jeune Québécoise charlie_tango's Avatar

Doest that include the credits? Can it be slightly longer than 21 seconds or entries would be disqualified if so?
    All Draps gear!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_tango View Post
    Doest that include the credits? Can it be slightly longer than 21 seconds or entries would be disqualified if so?
    That includes credits and intros. 21 seconds or less. Not a second longer!

Mark! I can tell by your post that you're really not feeling this theme. Give it some thought, and I am sure you'll come around! you say "That will require a lot of creativity! Ah well..." like it's a bad thing! Get those creative juices flowing, get out of your comfort zone, and I know you can come up with some great stuff!

I've got my idea. Now I just have to finish editing a wedding video and then I can start working on it !

I just got an idea, however it's SO difficult to set up any coherent intro without eating up precious content time

Unless of course, the into IS the content...

I'll see what I can come up with then.
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

21 seconds is plenty!

With three acts that's 7 seconds/act...more than enough...

Working with my friend Ray on his entry for this, so I can't be a judge. I'm also hoping to come up with a winning idea and make my own, so I REALLY shouldn't be a judge for this round.

How's it going for people?

Yikes... forgot all about this... hmmm getting busy with life... but I'm still optimistic for an entry...

How's it going for people?
    Im set to film this weekend.

Trying to find that perfect idea!...Hopefully it comes to me sooner than later. >.>

Huey and Azmyth will judge this round with AJUK as Vishus can't.

Valued Member

We're entering this one too!

...and I promise we wont spend only 2 hours for this project, as we did for the "Round-up".
    http://www.hv20.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32749&dateline=133042  9443

Having a difficult time coming up with 21 seconds of footage... oh wait that's a character issue, as in poor work ethic

Quote Originally Posted by Reelaxed View Post
    We're entering this one too!
    I'm glad! 3 rounds back-to-back! Keep it up!

OK... got the idea storyboarded, got my actors for next weekend, looking for props now... might pull it off in time

Busy.... busy...... busy.... *sigh* Hoping to get something rolled together.... Wait! I only have a week? Yikes...
    Glass doesn't break like Hollywood would like us to believe. #experience