For this round it is open genre. The challenge is, your film must be 21 seconds or less.
Reminder of the Rules:
1) Shouldn't be rated over PG-13.
2) Video should be posted on vimeo official page ONLY. Videos for the current theme will not be available to view until the contest deadline > managed by Vishus, AJUK and drapeama.
3) a) Use of copyrighted material: as long as it's not the center point/plot of the story, it's allowed. Otherwise user will be disqualified. Example: A Coca-Cola can/SONY TV somewhere in the movie isn't considered as a copyrighted infringement.
b) Use of copyrighted music both in lyrics, score or performance, other than such that is recorded incidentally during normal filming, without a release will result in the video being disqualified.
c) Entries must be made specifically for the theme submitted to, within the deadline. All entries made before the announcement of the theme will be disqualified.
4) Users judging the contests, Official Judges or not, should use the template available here to post their reviews. Of course, only the officials judges' reviews will be considered to decide on a winner.
5) Deadline will be announced in a 24h time format. The week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Days are starting at 00:00 and ends at 23:59. Also, please refer to this UTC/GMT time to calculate the deadline in your zone (check on the right and select your country & state/province).
Contest deadline is Monday January 23rd 2011 0800 UTC (8.00 am) . Which translates to just over two weeks.
But how do I tell a story in 21 second or less? you ask… Well that is the creative challenge! It forces us to be concise and clear. Of course, you can choose to go with something more visual and less narrative too if you would like.
The inspiration for this them is the short 6-word story from Ernest Hemingway: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." It tell a story and evokes an emotion in six simple words!
There are also a lot of 5-second films out there such as: http://vimeo.com/27470901
Get your thinking caps on, and let's get the most entries ever!
Submit your entries to the following group ONLY: http://www.vimeo.com/groups/antmansfilmfestival