Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Antman's Film Contest #30: 2011 Round-up!

Cool Antman's Film Contest #30: 2011 Round-up!

OK!

Another year is coming to a close, and we've had some great themes come and go this year. Some people were sad that they missed the opportunity to work on them, and others said that they'd like to revisit some of the themes. Well, here's your chance!

Themes from 2011 that you can choose from*:

1. Film Trailer
    2. Open Genre, but must include: (prop) phone, (sound) water, (action) driving
    3. HV20.com movie – something from the board, recreate a thread, make it about a user, anything to do with this message board.
    4. Re-enactment (re-enact a scene from your favourite movie, copyright restriction lifted for this one)
    5. Music video (find something you have permission to work with!)
    6. Horror
    7. Noir (look up film noir if confused)
    8. Quotes (Contest 27 for more info)
    9. Mysterious
    10. Science Fiction

*You must specify either in the title or in the vimeo's video description which contest you're making the entry for, to avoid confusion.

Reminder of the Rules:
    1) Can't be longer than 5 minutes.
    2) Shouldn't be rated over PG-13.
    3) Video should be posted on vimeo official page ONLY. Videos for the current theme will not be available to view until the contest deadline > managed by Vishus, AJUK and drapeama.
    4) Use of copyrighted material: as long as it's not the center point/plot of the story, it's allowed. Otherwise user will be disqualified. Example: A Coca-Cola can/SONY TV somewhere in the movie isn't considered as a copyrighted infringement.
    5) Use of copyrighted music both in lyrics, score or performance, other than such that is recorded incidentally during normal filming, without a release will result in the video being disqualified.
    6) Entries must be made specifically for the theme submitted to, within the deadline. All entries made before the announcement of the theme will be disqualified. HOWEVER, for this one, if you started something earlier this year and didn't get it finished in time, you can finish it and submit it for this contest.
    7) Users judging the contests, Official Judges or not, should use the template available here to post their reviews. Of course, only the officials judges' reviews will be considered to decide on a winner.
    8)Please refer to this UTC/GMT time to calculate the deadline in your zone (check on the right and select your country & state/province).

Contest deadline is Tuesday January 3rd 0800 UTC (8.00 am) . Which translates to just over a month.

Get on it ladies and gentlemen!

Submit your entries to the following group ONLY: http://www.vimeo.com/groups/antmansfilmfestival
    Last edited by Marc-Alexandre Drapeau; 2011 December 5th at 05:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishus View Post
    HOWEVER, for this one, if you started something earlier this year and didn't get it finished in time, you can finish it and submit it for this contest.

I started for the theme "Mysterious" and then broke my leg. Can't wait to finish this one! Awesome. I think there are probably a few of us that started something and would like to finish it, we will probably get more entries for this one because of that.
    Canon 5D Mk2 / Canon HV20

Valued Member

Great! I think we will start working on something ASAP.

...If only there weren't so many choices!

Excellent. I need to get back into this contest, I haven't made anything in a while.

...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar

[...] HOWEVER, for this one, if you started something earlier this year and didn't get it finished in time, you can finish it and submit it for this contest.[...]
    Contest deadline is Tuesday January 3rd 0800 UTC (8.00 am) . Which translates to just over a month.
    1) Thanks for starting this round Randy!
    2) That's a good thing allowing people to finish something previously started.
    3) And giving a whole month during the christmas time is also a very good thing! That, and since Reelaxed is probably entering it'll be another good thing! I think I'll enter, just to compete!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelaxed View Post
    ...If only there weren't so many choices!
    I think that's a good thing having multiples choice, but it won't be easy to review and judge the entries though!
    Quote Originally Posted by paperkut12 View Post
    Excellent. I need to get back into this contest, I haven't made anything in a while.
    Already heard something like that before! I'd be glad if you could put something together this time!
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

Hi Randy, this is a great idea. Unfortunately this is the busy work season for me, so I will not be able to do anything for some time. How about doing this on a regular basis? Certainly once a Year or every 6 month. Have fun everyone. Kurt.
    HFS21 l HF100 l DM100 l Zoom H1

Quote Originally Posted by Playing View Post
    How about doing this on a regular basis? Certainly once a Year or every 6 month.
    That would be great I think. Let's see how things are going...
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

Here's hoping for a bunch of entries! I am talking with some frequent collaborators about maybe getting something (simple) in, if we can come up with a compelling idea. At least a week in December is a write-off for most people, so that's why I went for the longer deadline. I think we should go back to the three weeks thing for the first one of 2011.

But, first things first, looking forward to a LOT of entries for this round!

Hi I’m fairly new here can anyone enter this competition? If so I’m up for shooting some shorts after Christmas looks like there were some interesting categories this year gutted I missed out (especially noir).

Quote Originally Posted by sammystarky View Post
    Hi I’m fairly new here can anyone enter this competition? If so I’m up for shooting some shorts after Christmas looks like there were some interesting categories this year gutted I missed out (especially noir).
    Anyone can enter! We'd love to have you submit something. Looking forward to what you come up with!

thanks I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by sammystarky View Post
    If so I’m up for shooting some shorts after Christmas
    This current contest ends on January 3rd. Hope to see an entry from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunp007 View Post
    This current contest ends on January 3rd. Hope to see an entry from you!
    I'm hoping the same for myself! Are you in for this one?

Quote Originally Posted by drapeama View Post
    Are you in for this one?
    Oh yeah. I have scenes shot for two previous contests that I never finished. Don't know if I'm gonna finish that stuff or shoot a whole new short with my new cam / lens

Oh yeah. I have scenes shot for two previous contests that I never finished. Don't know if I'm gonna finish that stuff or shoot a whole new short with my new cam / lens
    What new cam and lens did you get?

A 5D MkII. About the lens I don't know, but he already has some nice lenses, like a Tokina 11-16mm...(basterd!)

5dmk2 and a canon 24-70 f/2.8L. Ive been shooting weddings and family pictures on the side so I wanted something to improve my work, can't say that it really has yet, but I'm still learning the cam. Ive only had it for around 2 weeks.

FilmMaker Extraordinaire Daniel Rutter's Avatar

Reckon I might shoot myself a trailer. I got some ideas!

I wanted something to improve my work, can't say that it really has yet, but I'm still learning the cam.
    Honestly, if you were familiar with the T2i, it's probably a bit similar. You'll gain in terms of quality for sure! Anyway, we're all learning everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rutter View Post
    Not a bad idea! I was thinking of doing something for the Sci-Fi, as I've missed it last month, but a trailer would be even easier! Let's think about it and do some brainstorming!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rutter View Post
    Long overdue entry from you, Mr. Rutter

FilmMaker Extraordinaire Daniel Rutter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paperkut12 View Post
    Long overdue entry from you, Mr. Rutter
    You are right Paper, very right indeed. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do. But... I bought my GH1 to do films with, and I still haven't done anything of the sort.

Should the entrants specify which of themes they're aiming for?
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

Can't enter this time.. trying to finish my current project ... almost done... . just need Neat Video .,..
    Vice President, Team HVFF - http://hvfffollowfocus.webs.com/ HV Follow Focus
    Proud owner CamDolly - Modular Camera Dolly and Slider System

Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    As they're multiple choice, it should be written somewhere in the description on vimeo at least. I'll take the example of Timmy's last video, as I had hard times finding the relation to a specific theme, some may produce something for one and it would be that hard to link to the theme. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by HueyNRolf View Post
    I would think so. Perhaps the entry would be titled "Hv20 Contest #30 - Horror".