Another year is coming to a close, and we've had some great themes come and go this year. Some people were sad that they missed the opportunity to work on them, and others said that they'd like to revisit some of the themes. Well, here's your chance!
Themes from 2011 that you can choose from*:
1. Film Trailer
2. Open Genre, but must include: (prop) phone, (sound) water, (action) driving
3. HV20.com movie – something from the board, recreate a thread, make it about a user, anything to do with this message board.
4. Re-enactment (re-enact a scene from your favourite movie, copyright restriction lifted for this one)
5. Music video (find something you have permission to work with!)
7. Noir (look up film noir if confused)
8. Quotes (Contest 27 for more info)
10. Science Fiction
*You must specify either in the title or in the vimeo's video description which contest you're making the entry for, to avoid confusion.
Reminder of the Rules:
1) Can't be longer than 5 minutes.
2) Shouldn't be rated over PG-13.
3) Video should be posted on vimeo official page ONLY. Videos for the current theme will not be available to view until the contest deadline > managed by Vishus, AJUK and drapeama.
4) Use of copyrighted material: as long as it's not the center point/plot of the story, it's allowed. Otherwise user will be disqualified. Example: A Coca-Cola can/SONY TV somewhere in the movie isn't considered as a copyrighted infringement.
5) Use of copyrighted music both in lyrics, score or performance, other than such that is recorded incidentally during normal filming, without a release will result in the video being disqualified.
6) Entries must be made specifically for the theme submitted to, within the deadline. All entries made before the announcement of the theme will be disqualified. HOWEVER, for this one, if you started something earlier this year and didn't get it finished in time, you can finish it and submit it for this contest.
7) Users judging the contests, Official Judges or not, should use the template available here to post their reviews. Of course, only the officials judges' reviews will be considered to decide on a winner.
8)Please refer to this UTC/GMT time to calculate the deadline in your zone (check on the right and select your country & state/province).
Contest deadline is Tuesday January 3rd 0800 UTC (8.00 am) . Which translates to just over a month.
Get on it ladies and gentlemen!
Submit your entries to the following group ONLY: http://www.vimeo.com/groups/antmansfilmfestival