Thread: Hv20 viewfinder

Default Hv20 viewfinder

Okay, so I found a deal $200 for an hv20 with a broken viewfinder and hdmi cable. Not to worried about the hdmi, but the viewfinder I am. I know they are really uncomfortable and unmoveable, but its the setting colors. Setting colors on the lcd can usual result in different colors than you thought since the sun is hitting it. I am wondering if it will make that big of a difference. I have a vx2100/mark1 setup, but I do not want to take that to woodward with me. Would this be a deal to hop on?

...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar

I'd use an LCD hood and I wouldn't worry about the viewfinder, as it can't be adjusted up&down, it's not very practical.
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

Merchandising Moderator darthpaully's Avatar

Agreed. The viewfinder is poopy.
    HVFF Team Captain -Want to order an HVFF follow focus for your HV20/30/40? Go to http://hvfffollowfocus.webs.com/ or Send me a PM or email: darthpaully@yahoo.com for more info.

I know that, but will affect the colors if I use the lcd to set them over the viewfinder?

I'd pass on it. The HV20 was a fantastic camera in it's day but they are getting enough age on them where I wouldn't pay $200 for one with a non functioning viewfinder. I would wonder what was next and repairs would be expensive. Put that $200 towards a new HV40 or towards one of the HF/HFS series.

Bruce Foreman

I am a reforming videomaking addict

Quote Originally Posted by Bif View Post
    I'd pass on it. The HV20 was a fantastic camera in it's day but they are getting enough age on them where I wouldn't pay $200 for one with a non functioning viewfinder. I would wonder what was next and repairs would be expensive. Put that $200 towards a new HV40 or towards one of the HF/HFS series.

Bruce Foreman
    I am pretty sure that is what I am going to do, thankyou!

...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bif View Post
    Put that $200 towards a new HV40 or towards one of the HF/HFS series.
    Sure that's the best option: buying something brand new. And I can vouch for the HV40, especially using 24p...with NATIVE and progressive 23.976fps!
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.