Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Antman's Short Film Contest #21 - Hv20.com Movie

Default Antman's Short Film Contest #21 - Hv20.com Movie

Contest #21

Mal's idea, and a heckuva good one too!

- Pick any thread from HV20.com and make a movie about it. Can be a ANY genre, can be an animation, slide show, movie.
    - User names can (and are encouraged to) be used in the submissions
    - Main criteria and judging should be on how well the thread's gist/essence/heart was adapted.

The advantage with this is that, inevitably, members will be mentioned in the film contest entries, and we can use that to drive more members to
    the contest forum, and possibly get a bigger participation next time.

That's it.

Everything is wide open (within the bounds of good taste, of course), the only limit may be your imagination. Should be fun to see how some of the "personalities" on HV20 are portrayed...

OFFICIAL RULES:
    1) Can't be longer than 5 minutes
    2) Shouldn't be rated over PG-13, unless specifically mentioned in the contest's individual thread.
    3) Video should be posted on vimeo official page ONLY. Videos for the current theme will not be available to view until the contest deadline > managed by Daniel Rutter, creator of the official page.
    4) The winner can enter the next competition. Their entry will be considered 'non competitive' to make it fair on others.
    5) a) Use of copyrighted material/songs : as long as it's not the center point/plot of the story, it's allowed. Otherwise user will be disqualified. Example : the coca-cola can/SONY tv . somewhere in the movie isn't considered as a copyrighted infringement.
    b) “Use of copyrighted music both in lyrics, score or performance, other than such that is recorded incidentally during normal filming, without a release will result in the video being disqualified. “
    6) Entries must be made specifically for the theme submitted to, within the 3 weeks deadline. All entries made before the announcement of the theme will be disqualified.

Contest deadline is midnight Sunday March 20th 2011 In YOUR time zone. This givezs all of you just one day short of 3 weeks to complete and submit. to the official Antman's Film Contest Vimeo page http://www.vimeo.com/groups/antmansfilmfestival!

Bruce Foreman

I am a reforming videomaking addict

Honestly, I don't like this idea, but I'll let it set in more and see what I can think of. Maybe I just don't think I can do it. Although, if someone could adapt the never-ending Huey/Bob Sanders feud, that would be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by paperkut12 View Post
    if someone could adapt the never-ending Huey/Bob Sanders feud, that would be entertaining.
    I was thinking the same thing when I read the idea.
    Canon 5D Mk2 / Canon HV20

...formerly known as 'drapeama' Marc-Alexandre Drapeau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bif View Post
    Contest #21
    - Pick any thread from HV20.com and make a movie about it.
    That's should have belong to the UNIQUE theme! lol
    Interesting, but I don't see how we could do something out of that...
    Honestly, I don't like this idea [...] Although, if someone could adapt the never-ending Huey/Bob Sanders feud, that would be entertaining.
    That's exactly what I thought too. That's the first thing that came into my mind: Huey vs Bob shot like that...:
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

Quote Originally Posted by drapeama View Post
    That's the first thing that came into my mind: Huey vs Bob shot like that..[/video]
    Interesting, I thought of that recent HBO movie Sunset Limited, but not that civil. I'm just not sure about this theme. I mean, I don't like the idea of having peoples user names and I suppose you could always keep the essence of a thread and not use all that stuff, but still. Need to think, this one surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pshaw! View Post
    dibs
    Go for it!!
    Glass doesn't break like Hollywood would like us to believe. #experience

<--- rushes to copyright user name.
    "I didn't know there were voices in W R I T I N G"
    - (Believer) Bob Sanders

La jeune Québécoise charlie_tango's Avatar

It's very special idea.. but with a many possibility.

(sorry for my english. i don't have help for my traduction tonight)

Does anyone have ideas for this one?

Does anyone have ideas for this one?
    Yeah! Start a thread about recreating movie scenes, and make a short about that thread! lol
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

Yeah! Start a thread about recreating movie scenes, and make a short about that thread! lol
    Haha. Nice loop hole.

No more seriously, I had an interesting idea: I remmember I was reading Azmyth's thread about "explaining things to non video people" and it could turn into something pretty funny. Could be done as a "documentary-style" or more like a "behind-the-scene" genre.
    That's my suggestion.

So what happens if you only have one actor (yourself), but the thread calls for about five people?

Here's a suggestion Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbit View Post
    So what happens if you only have one actor (yourself), but the thread calls for about five people?
    1. Use anything from action figuress, stuffed animals, or really anything to closely personify the hv20 user. Dialog would be voiced over.
    2. After Effects. You could duplicate yourself numerous times in a single setting.

Even though my entry will be non-competitive I am going to draw on computer some cartoon characters and use the puppet tool in after effects to animate them and have a 3d camera in there to float around the scene.
    Canon 5D Mk2 / Canon HV20

Here's a suggestion Tim.
    LOL! Thanks Drapes! Not sure how good I am at that sort of stuff, but it's worth a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunp007 View Post
    Use anything from action figuress, stuffed animals, or really anything to closely personify the hv20 user. Dialog would be voiced over.
    That's a thought... Thanks!

After Effects. You could duplicate yourself numerous times in a single setting.
    How I wish my computer could handle AE...

Honestly, I don't like this idea, but I'll let it set in more and see what I can think of. Maybe I just don't think I can do it. Although, if someone could adapt the never-ending Huey/Bob Sanders feud, that would be entertaining.
    No more seriously, I had an interesting idea: I remmember I was reading Azmyth's thread about "explaining things to non video people" and it could turn into something pretty funny. Could be done as a "documentary-style" or more like a "behind-the-scene" genre.
    That's my suggestion.

1. Use anything from action figuress, stuffed animals, or really anything to closely personify the hv20 user. Dialog would be voiced over.
    2. After Effects. You could duplicate yourself numerous times in a single setting.

Even though my entry will be non-competitive I am going to draw on computer some cartoon characters and use the puppet tool in after effects to animate them and have a 3d camera in there to float around the scene.
    These are all good ideas. What Mal had in mind was this: Remembering all the concerns expressed here about increasing participation in the contests, getting the word out, generating more curiosity on the part of HV20 members from other parts of the site who never come in here to look at what we're doing, this is a way to generate some of that interest.

Imagine some of those other users seeing a reference to the fact that they are "IN" a video in this section! They, and others, should consider checking it out. The genre is wide open, you can pretty much do it any way you want, the only thing I would ask is that we not be "insulting" yet we can still "poke some fun" at some of the personalities we see expressed around the site.

Everyone on the site is "fair game", screen names are used to present a personality that may be different from what we are in real life, while some use photos of themselves as avatars others use something that may give little clue to what they might look like. A lot of fun can be had with that, and it may very well draw more interest to what we do here.

In participating in Contest #21 each entrant will be "promoting" Antman's Film Festival.

It's good to see some good thinking going on here.

Bruce Foreman

I am a reforming videomaking addict

Future son-in-law?

No ones gunna do Vic Olam?! Thats a classic.
    User names can (and are encouraged to) be used in the submissions
    I wanna be in a movieee!!
    You'll never know if you don't go. GO!

Quote Originally Posted by KingDucky View Post
    You'll have a role in mine if I get a good idea for one .

You'll have a role in mine if I get a good idea for one .
    This might be an opportunity for a collaborative effort. We could contribute our side of the interaction and someone can edit it into a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDucky View Post
    Don't worry, KD. I've got plans for you....

Quote Originally Posted by Timbit View Post
    Don't worry, KD. I've got plans for you....
    He's going to be the "blonde" in the horror movie, you know? The first character to be murdered! (kidding!)

Future son-in-law?

He's going to be the "blonde" in the horror movie, you know? The first character to be murdered! (kidding!)
    Thats meee.
    You'll never know if you don't go. GO!

I have an image in my mind:
    HueyNRolf has kidnapped Bob Sanders and tied him to a chair in a warehouse.
    Being the Audio Wizard that he is, he has set up huge speakers and forces Bob to listen to endless recordings of Ian-T's bible quotes. The only problem with this, as with the Religious Discussion Thread, it is boring as hell and no-one benefits in anyway.

Edit: After writing this I had to go back and read some of the Religious Thread.
    I have to admit that the last few posts made sense.
    Last edited by Playing; 2011 March 4th at 11:03.