Mal's idea, and a heckuva good one too!
- Pick any thread from HV20.com and make a movie about it. Can be a ANY genre, can be an animation, slide show, movie.
- User names can (and are encouraged to) be used in the submissions
- Main criteria and judging should be on how well the thread's gist/essence/heart was adapted.
The advantage with this is that, inevitably, members will be mentioned in the film contest entries, and we can use that to drive more members to
the contest forum, and possibly get a bigger participation next time.
Everything is wide open (within the bounds of good taste, of course), the only limit may be your imagination. Should be fun to see how some of the "personalities" on HV20 are portrayed...
1) Can't be longer than 5 minutes
2) Shouldn't be rated over PG-13, unless specifically mentioned in the contest's individual thread.
3) Video should be posted on vimeo official page ONLY. Videos for the current theme will not be available to view until the contest deadline > managed by Daniel Rutter, creator of the official page.
4) The winner can enter the next competition. Their entry will be considered 'non competitive' to make it fair on others.
5) a) Use of copyrighted material/songs : as long as it's not the center point/plot of the story, it's allowed. Otherwise user will be disqualified. Example : the coca-cola can/SONY tv . somewhere in the movie isn't considered as a copyrighted infringement.
b) “Use of copyrighted music both in lyrics, score or performance, other than such that is recorded incidentally during normal filming, without a release will result in the video being disqualified. “
6) Entries must be made specifically for the theme submitted to, within the 3 weeks deadline. All entries made before the announcement of the theme will be disqualified.
Contest deadline is midnight Sunday March 20th 2011 In YOUR time zone. This givezs all of you just one day short of 3 weeks to complete and submit. to the official Antman's Film Contest Vimeo page http://www.vimeo.com/groups/antmansfilmfestival!