It's that time again, and now things will change.
The theme for this will be "Plot line".
Our plot line will start like this: "Man gets a phone call from the president... who sends him on a secret mission" (Suggested by RockDonkey). The SPECIAL ITEM is Chewing gum. The special item must feature in the film at some point, for it to be deemed entry into the festival.
Basically, that is where you start. Whether you focus on the phone call, or whatever... you choose the mission, you write the dialog.
EXAMPLE: "Man gets a phone call from the president, who sends him on a secret mission in which he is required to spy on his neighbors who are suspected of being enemy agents trying to steal national secrets. The national secret is a recipe for experimental Hubba Bubba chewing gum, dubbed 'the bestest tasting gum on the planet'..."
The point is, you can make it as serious... or absurd as you like. The genre is up to you. Feel free to use the example as a basis for your entry.
This orta shake things up a bit.
Deadline will be 5pm, Monday 6th December UTC. Countdown To Deadline. Yes, you have been given 3 weeks instead of the usual 2. This is partly an experiment to see if it will indeed improve the amount of entries we have (as people have said in the past that 2 weeks is not enough).
1) Can't be longer than 5 minutes
2) Shouldn't be rated over PG-13 (Unless changed by the moderator)
3) Video should be posted on vimeo official page ONLY (Videos may be accepted from Youtube, only at the moderators discretion). Videos for the current theme will not be available to view until the contest deadline > managed by Daniel, creator of the official page. The group page is here: http://www.vimeo.com/groups/antmansfilmfestival
4) The winner will have the choice: Be a judge on the next theme, and not compete (or have his entry considered "Non - Competitive"), OR, Forfeit the opportunity to be a judge, and be freely able to enter the next theme with a chance to win.
5.) Usage of copyright/trademarks:
a) Usage of copyrighted objects, images or trademarks is permissible so long as they are not central to the plot of the short. Usage beyond this such as green screen backdrops, fake commercial of a real product, etc. requires release from the copyright/trademark holder.
b) Use of copyrighted music both in lyrics, score or performance, other than such that is recorded incidentally during normal filming, without a release will result in the video being disqualified.
6) Entries must be made specifically for the theme submitted to, within the 2 weeks deadline. All entries made before the announcement of the theme will be disqualified.
NEW RULE: 7) Entry must be related to the theme/plotline outlined, and include the 'special item' before it will be considered for entry in the festival.