Thread: Building a stabilizer

Default Building a stabilizer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rTRbGXJvrA"]YouTube- Homemade Steadicam Tutorial (DIY)[/ame]

I found this tutorial, bought all the parts for $25, and am working on building it. i had to improvise a little and change little things about their design because they don't explain how to put a bolt into the floor flange for the camera to mount on, unless i'm just dumb. they also don't explain how to attach the floor flange to the pvc, so i bought a male adapter to cap the pvc and screw it into the floor flange. Anyhow i improvised the bolt by putting an adhesive putty (suggested by my dad) into the cap and set the bolt into it, hopefully this will work. I'll post pictures later when it's done and a video if i think it works (The putty takes like 20 hours to dry it says. ). I also replaced the bike pegs with galvanized pipe nipples which i ghetto rigged to the ends of the tube via alot of duct tape, it's pretty sturdy surprisingly.

Wish me luck!

Nice work! Very informative...

Valued Member

I also modified this . I didn't used floor flange and replace that with a small quick release plate from a mini tripod.
    and I also replaced the bike pegs with washers see the photos in my post. good Luck

http://hv20.com/showthread.php?t=30329

I actually got the idea to build it from your thread, haha, your rig looks a bit better than mine right now.