HD Short Shorts 2: A Short HV20 Forum Contest
Once again, this contest will take place without a theme. Instead, their will be three required elements that must be included in every film.
This competition will be limited to "short shorts", only films less than 1 minute in length will be accepted.
Films must be made specifically for the HD Short Shorts 2 competition.
Winners will be determined by popular vote. Voters must be registered with HV20.com and view all films.
Festival Administrators reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not conform to rules stated below.
October 27th – Rules Finalized, Contest announced, Begin Submission acceptance
November 27th – Last Day for Entries
December 1st – Public voting begins
December 11th – Public voting ends
December 14th – Winners Announced
*All dates subject to change
Rules for film:
1) Films can be shot with any cameras and equipment, although I feel I should point out that this competition started as a contest for consumer cameras, so lets try to limit the number of films shot on REDs .
2) Films must clearly incorporate all required elements*.
3) Film durations are determined based on film content. Credits will not be permitted, but may be in the description section on Vimeo. The total length of film may not exceed 1 minute.
4) Films can be made in any language but must include subtitles if made in another language than English.
5) No offensive material is allowed. Entries must NOT be rated higher than "R" as determined by Festival Administrators.
6) Festival Administrators reserve the right to refuse or disqualify any entry that is found to not comply with Festival rules.
7) Entries must NOT have any copyright violations and all music must be licensed or royalty free.
8) All entries must be submitted with the enclosed entry form.
9) Submissions are accepted anytime between October 27th and November 27th.
10) Films must be posted on Vimeo.com (details below)
11) Films may not be viewed until official judgment period start date except by Festival administration to assure compliance.
12) Winners are determined by popular vote and prizes are distributed accordingly.
13) Films can NOT be advertised anywhere other than on HV20.com. Doing so will reult in immediate disqualification.
To ensure that every film is made specifically for the HD Short Shorts 2 competition, every entry must include all three of these elements at some point in the film. Note: each elements must be in its own shot.
1) Prop - Clear bottle filled with brown liquid (cola, coffee, muddy water etc.). No labels!
2) Foley - Sound of knocking on a door or the sound of a doorbell (must specify in entry form)
3) Character Action - Stamp out something that is burning (cigarette, paper, bag of dog poo, etc.)
These elements can be incorporated any way the filmmaker sees fit, as long as they are in the film. The elements are NOT required to be a main part of the film, and do not have to effect character development, plot structure, or even camera placement. The elements can be put anywhere, at anytime, in any way in your film, as long they are not all in the same shot.
The location of each element in a film must be indicated in the submission form, using timecode.
Feel free to ask any questions in this thread.
1) All entrants must upload to vimeo.com (free to register) and send a link to the contest administrator (me) via PM containing the entry form below.
2) Films on vimeo must contain:Title, Filmmakers HV20.com username
3) Films on vimeo must be kept password protected, and only allowed to be viewed by the festival administrator (vimeo.com/koolpenguin89).
4) All films will be added to the contest channel (vimeo.com/hdshortshorts2)
5) On December 1st, all videos must be made public, and voting will begin.
1)On December 1st, all HD Shorts films will be made public.
2)Voters must have at least 10 posts in the HV20 forums, and must have been members for at least 2 weeks prior to voting. Having multiple accounts IS against the rules.
3)To vote, you must watch ALL films.
4)there will be 1 thread that lists all films.
5)The thread will be in a poll format, with each film as a choice.
6)Voting will end on December 11th
1)Winners will be announced on December 14th.
2)1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced and prizes distributed accordingly.
Timecode location of each required element:
Example of judging criteria:
OVERALL (average of all the judge's overall scores, and the determining factor for the winner): 66 (out of 100)
cinemotagraphy:16(an average of what the judges gave you for that category)
Art design: 18
blah blah blah
and so on and so on
blah blah blah