Many times people have tried to come up with a project that would be of interest to the general public, that we could all contribute to from our various locations.
If you noticed the Sex in the Cinema thread in the pub garnered 100 posts in two days so the topic obviously has interest. People are interested in sex, but we want to avoid porn or gore.
What you can imagine is always more than what you can see, but cinema has gotten away from innuendo and double entendres.
I propose we make a movie where the man an woman are anticipating a date. As they go about their lives and make preparations, there will be little flashes of innuendo and double entendres and everything in life reminds them of the upcoming date.
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes it's not." We'll probably see some ice cubes, high heels, etc. Lots of things can be taken more than one way.
Each person who wants to contribute can contribute clips that imply sexiness, but there is to be absolutely no sex. I envision a humorous ending where the date doesn't work out.
1) You can't show sex, nudity, lingerie, breasts, butts, genitelia, etc. (The idea is to imply, not show.)
2) Shot in 24p or 25p on an HV20 or 24f on an XH-A1, 1920x1080.
3) Location releases and talent releases will be required. I'm hopeful this will go to film festivals, so we need them. Location releases are for private property. If it's your property you can sign it.
4) No logos or trademarks visible. Same reason.
5) It has to be universal. If you allude to a slang name that only applies to one country no one else will get it.
6) Use of depth of field along with other cinematic touches is encouraged, though no 35mm adapter is required. This can often be done by planning the shot.
The same man and woman would have to be used for the overall structure, but all the shots in between can be anywhere, or anybody as long as the scenes are filled with innuendo.
If anyone is interested in this drop a note here. We need a good sized group to think of enough scenes.
I'll post the releases shortly.