2007 August 6th, 13:46
I've seen quite a few posts about pressing the photo button half-way to get the shutter and iris settings. Supposedly this works if you have an SD card in the camera.
For the life of me I can't get it to work. Whenever I press the button half-way, I get a red flashing icon that looks like an SD card. There is a card in the camera - when in card mode, I can view the still images I've taken.
What's the secret?
2007 August 6th, 15:30
Is there enough space to take any more images ?
2007 August 6th, 15:44
Formerly Known As "Aramis"
Make sure that you:
Originally Posted by javayoda
* turned on "Still Image Simultaneous Recording" option (pp 53-54 of the User's Manual)
* Selected desired still Image size (p 53)
* Turned off all digital effects (See note on p 54)
* Your card must be compatible too, but since you are able to view images from it you are apparently ok.
Michael, Canon Elura User Pages
2007 August 6th, 16:42
On my European HV20 i had to enable the photo-mode for video-recording.
- Power Switch to "Camera"
- Press "Func" Button
- Second Option from the BOTTOM up. Set to "1920x1080"
Now it should work.
2007 August 6th, 18:52
That was it. Thank you!
Originally Posted by Cumulus
2007 August 8th, 13:49
Also note, it doesn't give you the info when you are actually recording video, only standby mode.