How to download HDV captures on Win XP
I have recorded HD quality footage with HV20. I have IEEE 1394 port on my PC running on Win XP SP1. My PC is a dual-core with 512MB memory. My firewire port is working fine. When I connect my camera with playback mode set to "HDV" a pop-up appears "AV/C Subunit". Windows then tries to search for a driver. I have tried many solutions posted on different sites but nothing seems to work. I have ulead 11 plus installed, since I heard that it has HDV support. If I downgrade to "DV locked" the camera is recognized. But I would like to capture HD footage on my computer. Please help !!!
Yep, itīs free. ^^
Maybe you could extract the needed files from an SP2 archive if you donīt want to update.
After you get the SP-2 installed and you get things rolling, would you mind posting back as to how well your HV20, Ulead software, and computer system worked together?
Originally Posted by soumya
Finally, I have been able to solve the problem with my win XP and HV 20. I still have Win XP SP1 Professional. So I did not upgrade to SP2. I have seen people complaining about the same problem even with XP SP2. Now here goes my observations:
1. Ulead 11 plus claims to have HDV support. The downloaded trial version did not however recognize HV20 in any way.
2. Neither XP SP1 or SP 2 has drivers specifically for "CANON" "Tape Devices".
Now here goes the steps which worked for me:
1. Win XP SP1.
2. Attach your HV20 to your firewire port with camera set to "HDV/DV", i.e. no downgrading.
3. A pop up appears in the tray "AV/C Subunit".
4. Another pop-up asking for drivers for that device.
5. Select "Install from specific location".
6. Select "Do not search, I will choose the driver" etc.
7. Select "Sound, Video and game controllers". (You may need to uncheck "Show compatible hardware").
8. Select manufacturer as "JVC".
9. Now select model as "JVC Tape Device".
9. Force it to use this driver if prompted.
10. Install Ulead 10 plus (cracked version available on net). Initially you can just try out in the 30 day trial.
11. Install Ulead 10 patch for HV10. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. This patch is downloadable from Ulead site.
12. Once the installation is done, open Ulead 10 plus and go to capture.
13. The camera will be detected and will be shown as "Canon - HV".
14. Start capture, and IT WORKS FINALLY !!!
The HD quality footage from HV20 is mindblowing.
Yeah, I will upload a short footage with HV20 and Ulead 10 plus.
Beware: ULEAD 11 plus trial version did not work for me.
IMP: I dont know why but the playback of the HD footage using windows media player and vlc is not very smooth. PowerDVD 5 is the only software which gives a good playback quality. Dont know why. Need to find out more.
Last edited by soumya; 2007 July 18th at 01:34.
Juz curious..why are you so reluctant to upgrade your XP SP1 to SP2? Is it because your copy of XP won't pass the Windows Genuine Advantage program? hehe