This is my first posts in this forum, and I surely hope it won't be the last
I have been into video recording and editing for 3 years now. So far, I have been doing music videos and some other movies. I have always worked in Adobe Premiere 1.5 Pro. For my own recordnings, I had a amateur video camera. Whith this camera, I created for example these videos:
"Start the riot" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOAeJ6lrT08
"Who's foolin' who" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Gtcq6ayrM
During these years, I have had contact with many music artists cause of my work. And when I did several projects for them, they said to me that I should go further with this video editing and recording cause I had talent.
So I started to upgrade myself last 2-3 months.
I have got a new and fast PC, new 22" widescreen monitor, and now I have bought a Canon HV20 and Also Adobe Premiere CS3.
As I have never worked either with FireWire of HDV, I'd like to have so "starters help" here from you. The CS3 is very alike 1.5 Pro, but I'd like to have help with what settings I should have.
- I record a short movie with my new CANON HV20. I have the setting on HDV (PF25) (there are 4 modes: HDV, HDV (PF25), DV(WIDE) and DV(NORMAL). Which is for what use?
- When finish recording, I connect the the camera to the FireWire. Which is the best way of capture the movie?
- Which settings should I have the "new project" in Adobe Premiere CS3?
- When succeded capturing the movie, I import it to the project, and edit it.
- How do I save it in the best way?
- Then when I have it in full size, how do I exactly ensmaller it and yet keep the quality of the movie?
Do you have some other tips? Thank You!