PDA

View Full Version : Test footage

ghettocash
2007 December 4th, 07:30
http://www.vimeo.com/415160

i receive my HD camcorder 3 days ago and i ask two of my friends to help me test it.
Audio is terrible(sorryy..):(

I love this camcorder!:hv20-smilie03:

-jeff

digvid
2007 December 4th, 11:32
Looks good. The shot of her at around :35 is nice.

ghettocash
2007 December 4th, 12:07
Looks good. The shot of her at around :35 is nice.

sonnyboo
2007 December 5th, 15:32
Yeah, this looks amazing. Is yours a PAL version of the camera? Was the some Magic Bullet color correction?

Please tell us some of what you did with this.

threadhanger
2007 December 5th, 15:48
That looked pretty pro. You must have some experience in the video world.

ghettocash
2007 December 5th, 15:57
Yeah, this looks amazing. Is yours a PAL version of the camera? Was the some Magic Bullet color correction?

Please tell us some of what you did with this.

i have the PAL version.

i shot it in shutter priority mode: 1/50
25p mode.
I used magic bullet for color correction and I edited it with vegas.
the sound is terrible because of the room i was in and the fact that i wasn't that close to the subjects.
maybe next time better sound.

ghettocash
2007 December 5th, 16:00
That looked pretty pro. You must have some experience in the video world.

no real experience, i made a few school projects before when i was in high school, but they where AWFUL.:(
I do a few things in the design field though. photoshop etc..

Ian-T
2007 December 5th, 16:06
Good job. Excellent camera placement. Beautiful girl.

Ian-T
2007 December 5th, 16:08
maybe next time better sound...or...you could do an overdub in a studio setting...just a thought.

ghettocash
2007 December 5th, 16:53
..or...you could do an overdub in a studio setting...just a thought.

what's an overdub in a studio setting????

jmalmsten
2007 December 5th, 17:12

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_dialog_replacement

;)

Sef
2007 December 6th, 03:34
I just wondered how you (and others) make the movie so it is shown almost perfect. And it is very progressive in loading and playing. Almost no delay.

What program did you use to make it?

With what settings?

Ian-T
2007 December 6th, 09:09
Sometimes the location you film at is perfect for video but terrible for sound (as in your case) so the answer would be to take the same actors/actresses and bring them into a recording studio and read the same exact lines over again (while watching their previously recorded video on a monitor). This way you have a more controlled environment and you can get the audio as perfect as you want. This takes a lot of practice...but it's done all the time in big budget movies.

The link jmalmsten tells it better than I do....Automated dialogue replacement (ADR).

ghettocash
2007 December 6th, 19:27
Sometimes the location you film at is perfect for video but terrible for sound (as in your case) so the answer would be to take the same actors/actresses and bring them into a recording studio and read the same exact lines over again (while watching their previously recorded video on a monitor). This way you have a more controlled environment and you can get the audio as perfect as you want. This takes a lot of practice...but it's done all the time in big budget movies.

The link jmalmsten tells it better than I do....Automated dialogue replacement (ADR).

thx man. will try that in the future.

ghettocash
2007 December 6th, 19:35
I just wondered how you (and others) make the movie so it is shown almost perfect. And it is very progressive in loading and playing. Almost no delay.

What program did you use to make it?

With what settings?

The settings on the camera you can see them on a post I made earlier in this thread. I just edited it sony vegas 8 and saved it as a .wmv file.
1280x720
about 6000 kbps per second i think
cbr(second pass) i think

But I think because there was a lot of light in there and the camera didn't have to use the gain. That's why it looks clean, but i dont know for sure. I also filmed something else on cinema mode of where im living right now, but i didn't like it, there is not a lot of contrast in the cinema mode and it's too, i think they call it soft. But that's just me.

Sef
2007 December 7th, 04:47
Thanks,
besides the quality (really) I also wonder how some movies pop up immediately and start playing. Most of wmv's I make, will need some time before they start.
But I can imagine that the upload speed (which is for my server about 1Mbps), is to low for a quick start.

ghettocash
2007 December 7th, 07:48
Thanks,
besides the quality (really) I also wonder how some movies pop up immediately and start playing. Most of wmv's I make, will need some time before they start.
But I can imagine that the upload speed (which is for my server about 1Mbps), is to low for a quick start.

Probably, don't know, cause here on the univeristy campus im on a fiber optics :hv20-smilie09:

tgiffilms
2007 December 7th, 07:53
looked pro! Location was perfect and camera placement was key. Actors pulled it off too.

good test!