PDA

View Full Version : art/open gallery/sightseeing route

w.pasman
2007 November 23rd, 08:12
I just put up another video I made a few months ago.
I would like to hear your comments please.

http://www.vimeo.com/398910
http://www.vimeo.com/398910

threadhanger
2007 November 23rd, 12:11
Says it's private/protected.

w.pasman
2007 November 23rd, 13:58
Thanks, I fixed that.

I already saw the lock and it made me suspicious but I did not see a password requester and I got a blank screen every time I clicked on the lock. Must have been a vimeo bug, right now it worked and I could unlock it.

Looking forward for your comments!

Ian-T
2007 November 23rd, 14:38
Very nice scenery. The only advice for you is maybe next time when using the motion compensating software (not sure what you used) you should probably crop the video. It was kind of distracting whatching the edge of the video go crazy while the man was driving the tractor. But thanks for the view... I liked the mix up of music and live sound too (though you could hve added more in certain parts).

What did you use by the way to fix the motion?

w.pasman
2007 November 23rd, 17:37
Very nice scenery. The only advice for you is maybe next time when using the motion compensating software (not sure what you used) you should probably crop the video. It was kind of distracting whatching the edge of the video go crazy while the man was driving the tractor. But thanks for the view...

Thanks for the comments!
I used FCP for the motion compensation. Works all automatically, you only need to turn it on at the places where you need it. Great stuff.
I deliberately removed the cropping. Default it crops as well (zoom in) but that lowers the resolution. Personally I'm not too bothered with the shaking edge neither did anyone I asked about it. But maybe next time I'll consider two extra black bands at top and bottom (instead of scaling).

I liked the mix up of music and live sound too (though you could hve added more in certain parts).
Good to hear that. Yeah maybe I could have added some more to the tractor parts for instance? Unfortunately finding good music for a scene takes a lot of time, last video I needed one piece of music and that took me about 6 hours... Maybe I'm too picky about music