View Full Version : Plan to build a DIY lenshood for Raynox HD7000Pro
2007 November 20th, 11:50
Some time ago I made myself a lenshood out of a piece of PVC sewage pipe. But unfortumately I still suffered from in-falling light.
Now I plan to make one out of Polyester.
I will first make a wooden mould, cover it with household plastic foil and than start adding Polyester, a layer of glassfiber and another layer of Polyester.
Of course I will (try to) make it black thereafter. If the plan succeeds, I will upload a tutorial or something like it.
I will not destroy the mould, so I could make one for someone with two left hands . . .
2007 November 23rd, 01:44
I could use one of these...
2007 November 23rd, 04:16
Got half of the mould ready. Will keep you posted.
2007 November 23rd, 06:17
keep us posted !
2007 November 23rd, 10:07
Thanks for sharing Jo!
2007 November 24th, 10:06
2007 November 24th, 11:08
Please allow me to make one first . . .
pics of nothing . . .
Will start next monday. Need a lathe and a mill to make the mold.
End next week pics??
2007 November 24th, 23:22
BTW. Cokin just released a nice (expensive) bellows and fixed hood/flag component for thier system. I think there's an 82mm ring in there
2007 November 30th, 08:13
My mould is nearing completion. But argh! I planned to make use of a lathe, but the lathe at my friend could not reach the diameter I needed. So I had to do it all by hand. No big deal, as my shed is loaded with tools anyhow.
As soon as the mould looks pretty enough, I will post a pic of it.
Next week the creation of the Hood itself.
Also read a thread on this forum about a Hood that is readily available on the market. With that Hood you also needed a step-up ring, as the fixing screw of the Hood is too far back. When I made a calculation of the shipping costs on the shop's site, I almost dropped dead. $35 for the step-up ring only! And as the Hood itself came from another shop (B&H) I would have to consume another cost of shipment. Way too much!
2007 December 8th, 01:38
I must admit . . . The plan failed. There were too many edges on the mould. And the Aramid (used that instead of glassfiber) would not allow such bends. Will go for a hood that is readily available on the market.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.