PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel

kyle.presley
2007 November 13th, 20:12
http://vimeo.com/381010

Here is the current version of it. I am working on recutting it right now, but tell me what you think of this. Thanks!

Eugenia Loli-Queru
2007 November 13th, 21:15
Very nice. What did you use for color grading?

kyle.presley
2007 November 13th, 22:17
Just the basic stuff in FC Express, only difference is I used layers and was able to get some nice results that way. Thanks for the comment!

digvid
2007 November 14th, 09:54
Nice. Did you use a steadicam on the running in the field shot?

kyle.presley
2007 November 14th, 14:30
We had a golf cart, lol.

kyle.presley
2007 November 18th, 20:51
OK, I re-cut it. It's a little faster and there are a few extra shots and the music is different.

http://www.vimeo.com/391930

Frank
2007 November 18th, 21:43
My favorite are the two shots in the rain; very "Casablanca".

kyle.presley
2007 November 18th, 22:57
Thanks Frank. Sorry, I had it set to private, it should work correctly now.

metaphors
2007 November 18th, 23:22
Wonderful. I like it very much. Definitely has a filmi effect to it. Did you use any adapters?

David Zeno
2007 November 20th, 10:05
Hi Kyle,

really beautiful, I thought I was at the theatre for a moment :hv20-smilie77:

2 questions:

The shot of starting at 30 seconds into the film, of the boy on the bike, how did you achieve that effect ? - I love it !

Also, the wrap-around of the couple kissing at 2:15 into the film, did you run around the couple, and and some sort of blur effect ? looks like it.

P.S. - that rain scene where the man is reading the letter is awesome... I don't know if that was real rain hitting the paper or an effect, but it really works well.

You've got a lot of talent.

OK, I re-cut it. It's a little faster and there are a few extra shots and the music is different.

http://www.vimeo.com/391930

kyle.presley
2007 November 20th, 21:29
Hi Kyle,

really beautiful, I thought I was at the theatre for a moment :hv20-smilie77:

2 questions:

The shot of starting at 30 seconds into the film, of the boy on the bike, how did you achieve that effect ? - I love it !

Also, the wrap-around of the couple kissing at 2:15 into the film, did you run around the couple, and and some sort of blur effect ? looks like it.

P.S. - that rain scene where the man is reading the letter is awesome... I don't know if that was real rain hitting the paper or an effect, but it really works well.

You've got a lot of talent.

Thanks David!

Most shots were done in a series of layers in FCE, the top layer, being about 40% opacity having different color grading, usually complementary to the bottom layer and a slight gaussian blur (not motion) is added, making it feel more organic. This was employed in the bicycle shot as well as many others. I wish I could provide a better example. I may do a video outlying my workflow. The spin shot had no blur, but it does kind of look like that. Thanks again, the rain scene was entirely natural. The effect came from lighting and slowing it to 30% or so.

Lunchbox
2007 November 21st, 02:17
kyle. Great job! I enjoy watching it so much. the music, the scenes, story line, angles.. everything put together so beautifully.

trentdewhite
2008 January 11th, 16:41
Sorry for the bump.

Great work, Kyle! Did you did all the editing with just FCE?