PDA

View Full Version : HV20 Shorts *HOT*

strancali
2007 November 1st, 12:17
Here are some movies recently shot with the HV20. These movies are 5 minutes in length each.

1) Joel 3:15
http://www.dvxfest.com/allhallowsfest/loader.php?id=23552

2) In The Night
http://www.dvxfest.com/allhallowsfest/loader.php?id=31744

3) Meat
http://www.dvxfest.com/allhallowsfest/loader.php?id=2048

Hallvalla
2007 November 1st, 14:25
Meat: So wrong...but so right. Nice work.

strancali
2007 November 1st, 15:07
Just want to make something clear, these are not my movies. I placed the links there because it was shot with the HV20.

I think these are better examples to show people what the HV20 is capable of.

"Meat" and "In The Night" was good. "Joel 3:15" is excellent imo :).

Ian-T
2007 November 1st, 15:24
Yes ...Joel 3:15 is excellent. He is definately getting better with his approach to filming. I don't think he even used a DOF adapter (I'm not quite sure about that). There were blurred shots but those you can do with the bare cam.

Meat turned out to be funny..it looked good too.

In the Night gets he nod for great special effects.

Kyser
2007 November 1st, 18:04
Thanks guys!

I'm responsible for Joel 3:15

No adapter was used. I was trying to get a hold of a Brevis but that fell through. :(

Glad you liked it! Hopefully everyone else did as well.

Cheers,

Mike

siriusbliss
2007 November 2nd, 00:47
Can you please share your software encoding settings, etc. that got you this result?

I've encoded only 2 minutes of .mov and it's twice the size of yours and doesn't look this good.

Thanks,

Greg

Magix Movie Edit Pro 12

Kyser
2007 November 2nd, 01:05
Can you please share your software encoding settings, etc. that got you this result?

I've encoded only 2 minutes of .mov and it's twice the size of yours and doesn't look this good.

Thanks,

Greg

Magix Movie Edit Pro 12
Sure. I exported from Premiere Pro 1.5 using H.264, maximum everything, full res. Got a huge >1 GB file. Then I opened it with Quicktime Pro (best $30.00 ever spent) and exported it (again with H.264) at a much lower resolution and at about 79% quality (using the slider).

Voila!

I hope that helps.

Bif
2007 November 4th, 01:16
Sure. I exported from Premiere Pro 1.5 using H.264, maximum everything, full res. Got a huge >1 GB file. Then I opened it with Quicktime Pro (best $30.00 ever spent) and exported it (again with H.264) at a much lower resolution and at about 79% quality (using the slider).

Voila!

I hope that helps.

Hi, Mike

I caught this one over on the other forum, you kind of pushed me over the edge. The quality looked so good I ordered an HV20 a few hours ago. Been looking at it and holding off...

This one is your best yet, from what I've seen of your work. The mood, lighting, acting, editing, pacing and music all worked well together.

Congrats

gzabetas
2007 November 4th, 04:54
wish i could have seen this footage.
currently dvxfest.com is down it appears.

Ian-T
2007 November 4th, 11:29
Hi, Mike

I caught this one over on the other forum, you kind of pushed me over the edge. The quality looked so good I ordered an HV20 a few hours ago. Been looking at it and holding off...

This one is your best yet, from what I've seen of your work. The mood, lighting, acting, editing, pacing and music all worked well together.

CongratsHey what's up Bif...good to see you in these neck of the woods. You've been doing some great work with you panny can't wait to see what you do with your new HV20.

Kyser
2007 November 4th, 11:34
wish i could have seen this footage.
currently dvxfest.com is down it appears.The site seems to be up and running now!

Bif, thanks! That's quite the compliment.
I hope you enjoy the camera.

Mike

strancali
2007 November 4th, 16:45
so Mike, what's next? Any new projects we should be looking forward to? I'm still waiting for my Letus Extreme then it's testing time!

Sid

mahngo
2007 November 5th, 00:42
bwahahaa meat was awesome.

I'm actually really curious as to what my meat tastes like(*cough*).

strancali
2007 November 5th, 01:08
bwahahaa meat was awesome.

I'm actually really curious as to what my meat tastes like(*cough*).

:hv20-smilie02:

Kyser
2007 November 5th, 10:08
so Mike, what's next? Any new projects we should be looking forward to? I'm still waiting for my Letus Extreme then it's testing time!

Sid
Well, I'm going to wait until this Fest is over and see what they announce for the next one. That may be my next theme for a short. I do have a screenplay ready to go but it involves some child actors and some special effects. A very dark short with a bit of a sci-fi feel to it.

Thanks for the interest!

I can't wait to see what you do with the HV20 and the Letus! Please post a lot of footage. I wish to own a Brevis or a Letus one day but I think I'm dreaming...

Thanks for the interest!

Mike

boss
2007 November 6th, 22:22
wait a minute.......

you mean to tell me that was shot WITHOUT anyy adaptor or filter or anything?!!

i dont believe that.

well i have my hv20 coming in the mail any day now, and i cant waittttt.
be honest dude, u spent like 1 grand on a filter or something......wow im just really impressed with the look.

Kyser
2007 November 7th, 00:01
wait a minute.......

you mean to tell me that was shot WITHOUT anyy adaptor or filter or anything?!!

i dont believe that.

well i have my hv20 coming in the mail any day now, and i cant waittttt.
be honest dude, u spent like 1 grand on a filter or something......wow im just really impressed with the look.LOL! Nope. Is there a particular scene you're curious about? I did some CC work and muted the colour out of the image... that's about it. Had a nice lighting kit to work with as well.

No adapters or filters were used, honest.

I guess I'll take this as a compliment.

Cheers,

Mike

boss
2007 November 7th, 13:20
yea dude...definetly a compliment!
good job.

whenever i do color correcting in premiere cs3, it always shoots the file size through the sky.

Kyser
2007 November 8th, 16:51
yea dude...definetly a compliment!
good job.

Thanks, man!

I appreciate it.

Mike

blueweed
2007 November 8th, 17:29
What about Lighting, mics, accesories.. etc.. (I want to do stuff like this)

Kyser
2007 November 9th, 23:33
What about Lighting, mics, accesories.. etc.. (I want to do stuff like this)
Used an Arri lighting kit, various wattages. Mostly just the low wattage lights were needed. Used a sennheiser mic with boom.

Not much else....

bmirman
2007 November 20th, 15:12
Kyser, great job. The film looks great. Can you list the settings you used? Did you shot PF24 HDV? Or cinemode on HDV standard? Would really like to know