PDA

View Full Version : What NLE did you use?

HalD
2007 October 23rd, 14:21
It would be of interest to others, to note in your post which software / NLE was used to create your clip/ footage.
Thanks

dbx
2007 October 23rd, 16:03
Capturing - HDVSplit
3:2 Pulldown - After Effects CS3
Organization - Premiere
Color Grading - Digital Fusion

Eugenia Loli-Queru
2007 October 23rd, 17:46
Capturing, editing: Vegas 8 (both Movie Studio and Pro, depending on the footage)
Pulldown when necessary: the freeware method.

veg
2007 October 23rd, 17:55
Eugenia Loli-Queru..
May I ask a personal question?

Goose
2007 October 23rd, 18:35
Capture and Edit with Vegas 7d - now 8 pro

no pulldown needed for us PAL people :)

Eugenia Loli-Queru
2007 October 23rd, 18:49
>May I ask a personal question?

Go ahead. I am not shocked easily.

darosk
2007 October 23rd, 19:33
PAL HV20.

I do everything in FCP.

CJDaniels
2007 October 23rd, 19:43
Fcps2

Ian-T
2007 October 23rd, 19:44
Eugenia Loli-Queru..
May I ask a personal question?
Hold on.....I'm getting my popcorn.........

...ok.....go ahead and ask.....I'm curious..:hv20-smilie84:

HDVSplit....
HV20pulldown.exe
Vegas 7

jmalmsten
2007 October 23rd, 20:38
Capture and edit: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3
Effects etc. After Effects CS3
Audio cleanup: Soundbooth.
Picture edit: Photoshop

What can I say... I'm a PC Adobe guy;)

>May I ask a personal question?

Go ahead. I am not shocked easily.

Haha... asking a personal question in an open forum... Now I'm also interested...:D

Eugenia Loli-Queru
2007 October 23rd, 20:43
I am a very straight-up, open, person. For those who read my blog they know that I have no secrets (I even discuss my sex life in there), so if he is doing that to try to shock me or anything, he is out of luck. I will probably shock him instead. Anyways, I am curious too about the question he's got. ;)

HalD
2007 October 23rd, 20:47
Wait! Hold on! I meant when you post footage clips in that thread, give the software details there, not here in a separate thread. It is only of use when it is associated with a clip or footage.
But thanks.
Now go ahead with your question. . . :hv20-smilie24::hv20-smilie24:

Ian-T
2007 October 23rd, 21:22
I am a very straight-up, open, person. For those who read my blog they know that I have no secrets (I even discuss my sex life in there), so if he is doing that to try to shock me or anything, he is out of luck. I will probably shock him instead. Anyways, I am curious too about the question he's got. ;)
LOL...actually...I'm kinda scared for him....don't hurt him too bad...:hv20-smilie87:

lwm99
2007 October 23rd, 22:01
Capturing, editing: Vegas 8 (both Movie Studio and Pro, depending on the footage)

Curious to find out more: what in the footage determines the Vegas softwate that you will use? Complexity? effects?
Thanks.

Eugenia Loli-Queru
2007 October 23rd, 22:17
I usually use Movie Studio for videos that I don't need to export in HD. Tests and stuff like this one: http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2007/09/16/emulating-the-matrix-film-look/ Movie Studio is simpler and so it crashes less for me, so I prefer it for that stuff. But when I am dealing with a complex project and I need custom HD AVC exporting, I use Vegas Pro 8.

Worley
2007 October 24th, 03:44
I know you want it when we post footage, but continuing the thread...

Capture SD: WinDV (free)
Capture HDV: HDVSplit or Vegas 8 Pro
Editing: Vegas 8 Pro (and beginning to toy with AviSynth, thanks to Lord Tangent)

Terfyn
2007 October 24th, 03:51
Pinnacle Studio 11.1.1 Ultimate. It does everything.

Daan Pol
2007 October 24th, 04:30
Capture, Imovie 08 (Clip sequencing, shrinking source material is possible to save HD space and deinterlace/progressive doesn't have to be set!)

Editting, After effects or FCP2. Color grading, Color or Magic Bullet Looks.

Deinterlacer, free JES deinterlacer to convert 50i to 50p slowmotion.

HV@
2007 October 24th, 08:19
Capture: Adobe premiere elements 4.0 (trial)
Editing: Adobe premiere elements 4.0 (trial)

:) I'm very new in video making so I'm going to use this trial the first month or so.
Any suggestions are welcome!
(my first footage is waiting it's approvel by a mod :) I use Vimeo to show my footage in the future.)