PDA

View Full Version : Hv20 and Redrock, 17 year olds Dream

Zacatac
2007 October 5th, 21:59
Hey, Zac here with my latest work, shot over two days at a grassfield airport, with a DC-3 Airplane.. This is more of a pitch to make a feature out of this short film... So if you interested: reduxen_at_gmail_dot_com

Storyline, of the feature: A government reviewer, specializing in chemical weapons, finds that one section of a lab has been creating this disease. He orders them to shut down, but they don't stop. He goes to the lab himself to stop it and injects himself with the online antidote. He needs to get out of the country to Mass Produce the antidote.

About me and the Filming: I'm 17, I wrote this short script one day, preparing to shoot and test the new HV20 HDV cam. I got into contact with Redrock Micro, and they agreed to send their big package, for three days for my shoot... 17 and doing this... psh... but theres more. I got this amazing actor to come down for a day to shoot, he wouldn't accept any payment... something about me going somewhere in life... But we got to shoot at an airport with a DC-3... which was also alot of fun

Shot With HV20 with Redrock Micro: Nikon 35mm, 50mm, and 105mm Lenses used

Fore Warning: This is a rough edit, there is alot of nature stuff as placeholders, there are also no effects done... this is just a trailer to sark some interest

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4429526106228559369&hl=en

Check out my blog
www.reduxfilm.blogspot.com

Worley
2007 October 6th, 02:10
Dead Link

Mark Dog2
2007 October 6th, 09:58
link dont work dude hook it back up so we can see your magic let see the show babym !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cmaikai
2007 October 6th, 14:30
Redrock just let you borrow it for 3 days? Amazing. Who is the actor?

duketh
2007 October 6th, 14:35
the link isnt working still

Erik Bien
2007 October 6th, 15:11
I too had a dream at 17 ... it involved a waterbed and Rebecca Romijn (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0280665/Ss/0280665/PL57-9A.jpg.html) rather than a camera and a 35mm adapter ... but it, too was '404 Not Found' ...

SmirkySmirker
2007 October 6th, 15:25
404 not found mothalicka

Worley
2007 October 6th, 15:28
I had a dream at 17, and how disappointing that it came true.

Ever since, I have been left in a state of permanent disappointment.

threadhanger
2007 October 6th, 15:39
404 Not Found

I sense a good movie title here.

duketh
2007 October 6th, 16:52
when i was 17 i superglued my fingers together. i am currently writing this post with my nose and left foot

dr jones
2007 October 6th, 19:34
"amazing actor"

"pitch to make a feature film"

wow, you sure are hyping yourself up there buddy, especially for someone with only 1 post.

hope the vid lives up to the hype :)

dead link though..

ATN_Productions
2007 October 6th, 21:21
found link

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4429526106228559369

not as good as you made it sound
but it got some nice shots here and there

dr jones
2007 October 6th, 22:05
thanks for the link ATN.

it looked ok, and like ATN said it had a few good shots. but to be honest, it mostly looked like a bunch of outtakes thrown together from the cutting room floor. no sense of direction or continuity.

Mark Dog2
2007 October 7th, 05:50
he does mention this is a rough edit , and yo zach gives a high quality dowloadable version when you read this and i didnt think was to bad but he does mention rough cut

Captainobvious
2007 October 7th, 19:28
Fore Warning: This is a rough edit, there is alot of nature stuff as placeholders, there are also no effects done... this is just a trailer to sark some interest

Read the authors post next time before you critique.

Zac,
Its a nice start, keep working bro!

dr jones
2007 October 7th, 19:42
Read the authors post next time before you critique.

Zac,
Its a nice start, keep working bro!

1. we did read the authors post.

2. just because it wasn't 100% positive doesn't mean it's a bad thing. a critique entitles the good and the bad, get used to it.

skinnyboy
2007 October 8th, 11:42
Not too bad at all.
Some interesting shots. I think you could probably trim 20 seconds out and no one would miss it.

Your handheld work needs work - it's too shaky. Use a stabilizer of some sort, the HV20 is too light to run handheld without one. If you already are using a stabilizer, practice with it.

Also - if you are serious about this being a promo to get the movie made, re-dub in the actor's line "what do you mean it's the only one" (and what he says right before that, too), it's too flat and has no intent behind it.

I like that you called the mission "h-v-2-0".

Keep it up!

Zacatac
2007 October 8th, 22:52
alright, alright, sticking up for myself.. yeah it was really rough... i mean i imported footage and stuck it up... although for reasons just to have it up... im getting a good version edited... and yes i did take alot of shots ill never use in the final film in the trailer... but those are being removed as we speak

but yeah i had to learn how to use both the redorck and the hv20 at the same time in a matter of hours... so alot of the shots i loved as we shot it... turned out like crap in the editing bay

but then again... i am 17

Mark Dog2
2007 October 9th, 02:33
it was a rough cut just like you said , but dont fall back on the im only 17 thing cause lebron james was just little over 18 scoreing 56 point first year in nba and even better joan of arc was only 17 and she lead an army !!!!!

Zacatac
2007 October 9th, 09:55
thats true... but what gets most people was i got the redrock... for free... i got an actor... for free... location once again... for free... the only thing i paid for was the canon hv20...

oh and a new trailer will be up tomorrow evening

Mark Dog2
2007 October 9th, 10:37
cool cant wait to see zach but actor you can get for a donut really actors just wanna work honestly you just look in back page or any theaterical newspaer and you can get actor and majority ahave done plays and the best actor are ones that have done plays or stage acting not just tv cause tv actors really arent that good there less then movie actors movie actors unless they have done stage work usually are less then stage actors honestly in my opinion

Mark Dog2
2007 October 9th, 10:39
and most people who do any indpendent films get location for free zach , so it the redrock for free is the real prize !!!!

Zacatac
2007 October 9th, 10:52
right right... i realized that that was directed towards a more professional filmmaker who the location owner would try and sneak some money out of it...

and yeah the actor, you can find them anywhere, but from my experience... its hard to find one thats good

but yeah the redrock was the prize... ill explain how i got it.. im just typing up some letters right now

Worley
2007 October 9th, 12:24
It's fine to be just 17. Implicit in that remark is "inexperienced".

Zacatac, good for you!

Zacatac
2007 October 9th, 12:28
Yeah, i never meant to put myself down as being 17.. just i guess i was being a little cocky, throwing some play punches "See what a 17 year old can do..."

but nevertheless... here i am once again... redrockless

cmaikai
2007 October 10th, 11:03
Look at youth as a good! More time to learn and experience filmmaking. I'm 18 so you've got me beat. :(

butterflies
2007 October 23rd, 03:31
thanks for the link ATN.

it looked ok, and like ATN said it had a few good shots. but to be honest, it mostly looked like a bunch of outtakes thrown together from the cutting room floor. no sense of direction or continuity.

Hey cowboy, can you only talk, or shoot as well?!

I mean, you could be a bit more supportive on a 17 year old. In stead you better show some of your own shots, see how good YOU are.