PDA

View Full Version : An epic sci-fi feature film, shot with the HV20

cybercrash
2007 October 2nd, 18:28
Check out the first scene:

http://www.movielol.org

All feedback is welcome as it may affect how the movie evolves! :)

Eugenia Loli-Queru
2007 October 2nd, 18:57
Well done short, although it would have been nice to use a tripod for some of the last few scenes. Btw, did you shoot in 24p? How did you achieve the move of the camera in the beginning from the dark hall to that exterior FX shot?

Ian-T
2007 October 2nd, 19:14
Alright now....this is starting to get my attention. looks great so far. One tip...maybe...just maybe the scene where the guy looks like he's in peril (but nekkid) you might try to match the color grading to that nether-world loking place.....you know what I mean? The color in that "Nether-World" looks more orangish (if that's a word) than where he was sitting...if you do that...then to me that would fit better. Just my 2 pennies....

But great looking anyhow...keep it up guys.

cybercrash
2007 October 2nd, 19:24
Well done short, although it would have been nice to use a tripod for some of the last few scenes. Btw, did you shoot in 24p? How did you achieve the move of the camera in the beginning from the dark hall to that exterior FX shot?

Yup, well, 25p actually. Due to time constraints it is actually 25p undersampled to 24p, we'll do a better to-24p conversion in a future version.

The 'nether-world' scene is mostly CG done in After Effects, we put the subject against a small wall and then afterwards turned that into a 3D layer and extended the wall and made it this very gloomy dark room in which the camera could do nifty things like this. :)

Ian-T
2007 October 2nd, 19:37
Don't get me wrong...it looked great.

VinnieG
2007 October 3rd, 04:17
Realy nice composing. In some scenes, the shadow from cameramen doesn't look to good. Maybe, you have to use more light in the interior scenes, and add some background music ?....but overall it looks great ! :)

swaneon
2007 October 6th, 19:33
love the movie
use a tripod or so sort of stand but excellent

whtnova
2007 October 8th, 22:53
Wow I'm amazed! Incredible work! I have to show all my friends what a talented person can do with the camera I just bought.

Kinda of inpsiring actually...

marlenedegrood
2007 October 9th, 09:16
I'm totally hooked! Bookmarked your sight!

Marlene