PDA

View Full Version : Cidermill, river, ducks

kireol
2007 September 30th, 06:59
http://hv20.info/yopu/cidermill.wmv

Learning more and more about this camera. I sure can see the need for a tripod. But I liked the way this video came out so I wanted to share.

SmirkySmirker
2007 September 30th, 09:20
Definately start posting movs and not wmvs for starters ^_^

Daan Pol
2007 October 1st, 05:50
Definately start posting movs and not wmvs for starters ^_^

And why is that? Because your computer doesn't support it? How about downloading flip4mac assuming you are on a mac (VLC is good too!). VLC plays wmv's better on a mac and you can handle avi's too!

Great footage by the way!

Eugenia Loli-Queru
2007 October 1st, 05:57
I messaged him to install VLC and install a newer version of Flip4Mac, he hasn't replied about that. He certainly should fix the issues on his Mac instead of telling people to get a hard time to find another way to encode. As I explained on the other thread, it's not easy for Vegas users to export to anything else other than wmv out of the box that it's remotely usable on the web.

Daan Pol
2007 October 1st, 06:10
I messaged him to install VLC and install a newer version of Flip4Mac, he hasn't replied about that. He certainly should fix the issues on his Mac instead of telling people to get a hard time to find another way to encode. As I explained on the other thread, it's not easy for Vegas users to export to anything else other than wmv out of the box that it's remotely usable on the web.

Okay thanks :).

In my experience WMV will run perfect on a pc but MOV will suck. On a mac it's exactly the other way around lol!

jmalmsten
2007 October 1st, 08:53
Hmmm... Then... my computer is acting extremely wierd... as I have no problem playing 1080p-footage from mov's or HDV-m2t's whereas the with the wmv's I just get one frame every other second...

The wierd part? well... I'm sitting on a winXP PC with 2.7 gigHz AMD64, 3 Gig's of RAM and a Radeon X800GT...

This has always puzzled me and I am forced to re-compress the 1080p WMV's posted here to movs... and while I'm at it, I prefer to downsize it to 720p just to make the image fit my 1280x1024 screens without having to rescale it during playback...

It just feels like I should be able to watch these "as is" but I can't...

EDIT: HAH... just my luck... posting this message and then playing the video with no problems at all except occasional stutter... albeit it is 720p but since this reaction has met other postings of 1080p wmv's I let it stand as it is...

And as a reply to the poster of the video at last... Somehow I would like a little more contrast in the shots... I assume that these are shot in "cinemode" wich gives the video a slight pale look... Allthough it gives slightly more contrast range I've been told, I personally think it's too pale to let go without some color touchup. is this heading to a color correction or is it just "as is"?

Also, the scope crop... is

Jake Ironshirt
2007 October 1st, 10:26
http://hv20.info/yopu/cidermill.wmv

Learning more and more about this camera. I sure can see the need for a tripod. But I liked the way this video came out so I wanted to share.

You picked a great location...I liked how you shoot the water falling over the rocks...nice job

kireol
2007 October 1st, 11:25
And as a reply to the poster of the video at last... Somehow I would like a little more contrast in the shots... I assume that these are shot in "cinemode" wich gives the video a slight pale look... Allthough it gives slightly more contrast range I've been told, I personally think it's too pale to let go without some color touchup. is this heading to a color correction or is it just "as is"?

Also, the scope crop... is

See, this is why I like this site. I dont know enough yet to see those type of things. I'm a PC guy that happens to run a camera. Not the other way around. So I need to learn more stuff like this. I know it was in auto mode and HDV24p mode. I didnt do any color correction or anything, just spliced them together, grabbed an old song that I made with fruity loops several years ago, and added 1 little slow mo effect in Vegas. At this point I consider myself a form of a "Photoshop filter accident". But much like photoshop, i'll get better with time and practice.

The whole reason I got the camera was it's a bad a$$ camera for a good price. Getting married and then going to Hawaii was how I sold myself to get a good one. HV20 + family member filming wedding = 800 for me. To have a pro film in SD was $2000. It wasnt a hard decision. Videos like the above posted are just me learning how to use it so I can make a great wedding video. By reading here and also youtube lessons, by the time I make my wedding video, I'll be decent.

Question: If I get one of those 1080p upconverting dvd divx players, will I be able to save the above video to a dvd and have it be high def on my tv? A player such as http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Philips-Upconversion-DVD-Player-DVP5982-37/sem/rpsm/oid/184178/catOid/-12872/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

kireol
2007 October 1st, 11:26
You picked a great location...I liked how you shoot the water falling over the rocks...nice job

Thanks! it was an unplanned "hey, it's a nice day, nice location, and I happen to have the camera" things