PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt and why I bought a cam

Kev
2007 September 17th, 03:42
Well, I obviously have lots to learn about filming and editing - this was my first test with both.

I did have it right when I picked the HV20 for recording my dogs "at work":
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1184397304

I can even see the hair standing up on his back cause he's so excited. What a great camcorder!! It's so cool that I get to work on a new hobby combined with an old passion - training and trialing my retrievers. This is Tex (http://www.gatorpointstexasgentleman.com), my oldest.

All excited ... and back to learning. Thank y'all for ALL the help! You've been helping me the whole time - even before deciding "which camcorder".

Kev

africanmarty
2007 September 17th, 08:36
lovely retriever :) and nice video ( try to upload to stage6.com so you can up the quality evan more ) i see tex has been on Heartgard, he have heart/round/hook worms ? (i'm a 'male' veterinary nurse so i'm just curious). he seems happy now so good work :)

Kev
2007 September 17th, 12:48
lovely retriever :) and nice video ( try to upload to stage6.com so you can up the quality evan more ) i see tex has been on Heartgard, he have heart/round/hook worms ? (i'm a 'male' veterinary nurse so i'm just curious). he seems happy now so good work :)

Thanks, africanmarty! I truly love the boy. I'll give stage6.com a shot - but I have a feeling the quality may be my fault. Being new to the camera and Premiere Pro has proven to test my vocabulary at moments.

Tex ... heartworms. ;( We were sending him back to the trainer in July to prep for the International Grand and October's Super Retriever Series qualifier and I had his annual shots done a little early. He wasn't supposed to be retested for heartworms until October but with all the horrors we'd heard about breakthroughs in south Louisiana (where he trains most) so what the heck - let's check. Wow, I'll never forget that moment - you could have knocked me over with a feather. My vet didn't believe it either so he ran a different test and it was positive too. All additional pre-treatment diagnostics showed positive results: no permanent damage to any organs. They did a hospitalized three day treatment regimen and a one day outpatient treatment a month later. He was laid up since it all started. Man, he's glad to be back to his normal activities. We won't make the Grand or SRS this season, but we're very thankful that Tex is okay. He's young (3 y/o) so we have plenty of time for Grands and SRSs in the future. Thank God my dog is okay again.

Can you help me: what's the best way to save the video post edit out of Premier Pro CS3?

Thank you very much!

Kevv

Terfyn
2007 September 17th, 14:11
Would you not want to burn it to DVD? I do a "master" which is kept safely, copies to distribute and one final copy to use for future DVD copies.

africanmarty
2007 September 17th, 17:48
Thanks, africanmarty! I truly love the boy. I'll give stage6.com a shot - but I have a feeling the quality may be my fault. Being new to the camera and Premiere Pro has proven to test my vocabulary at moments.

Tex ... heartworms. ;( We were sending him back to the trainer in July to prep for the International Grand and October's Super Retriever Series qualifier and I had his annual shots done a little early. He wasn't supposed to be retested for heartworms until October but with all the horrors we'd heard about breakthroughs in south Louisiana (where he trains most) so what the heck - let's check. Wow, I'll never forget that moment - you could have knocked me over with a feather. My vet didn't believe it either so he ran a different test and it was positive too. All additional pre-treatment diagnostics showed positive results: no permanent damage to any organs. They did a hospitalized three day treatment regimen and a one day outpatient treatment a month later. He was laid up since it all started. Man, he's glad to be back to his normal activities. We won't make the Grand or SRS this season, but we're very thankful that Tex is okay. He's young (3 y/o) so we have plenty of time for Grands and SRSs in the future. Thank God my dog is okay again.

Can you help me: what's the best way to save the video post edit out of Premier Pro CS3?

Thank you very much!

Kevv

tex is very lucky to have you as an owner :) depending how big the movie is i usually save (to the highest quality possible ) to my hardrive. depending how big it is you could save a copy to dvd, or back to tape for backup.