PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye old dog

SenorKaffee
2007 September 13th, 04:54
Yesterday the dog of a friend of mine had to be put to sleep.

I was at her house eith my HV20 to take some scenes for the Kamusical project, so we decided to make a little video to remember him.

This is no high art and cut with a quarter hour of footage in bad lighting. I only had an afternoon to work with the material because she wanted to have the video on the same day.

Call me a wuss, but I never had to cry so much working in front of my PC. :hv20-smilie119:
It think itīs this music. I also used no tripod except for one scene to make everything look more alive.

garver_outrender_divx.avi (http://fullmetalpantsu.de/stuff/garver_outrender_divx.avi) DIVX, 576p, ~ 35 MB

zeroc
2007 September 13th, 06:25
:( :( why did it had to go..... This is hard to watch.

Terfyn
2007 September 13th, 06:43
He was indeed a beautiful dog. Memories are so important.

We lost our dog a year last January. Its worse in a way than losing a member of the family. I only have stills to remember him by. Old age comes to all, he was 15 years 3 months.

SenorKaffee
2007 September 13th, 08:46
Garver also was about 15 years old. My friend rescued him from a kennel at the age of five, so she doesnīt know his exact birth date.

He had cancer and also a mean diarrhea that didnīt want to heal. Garver was always a very happy dog, never to show his age or pain. But if you watch closely you can see how thin he was.

The sad thing is, that our family dog will follow Garver soon. Maybe it wonīt be as painful because I only visited him every few week since I moved out. I hope so..

Sutpen
2007 September 13th, 23:20
SenorKaffee...You really captured something special there...I still have a lump in my throat.

ausman
2007 September 14th, 02:37
Yesterday the dog of a friend of mine had to be put to sleep.

I was at her house eith my HV20 to take some scenes for the Kamusical project, so we decided to make a little video to remember him.

This is no high art and cut with a quarter hour of footage in bad lighting. I only had an afternoon to work with the material because she wanted to have the video on the same day.

Call me a wuss, but I never had to cry so much working in front of my PC. :hv20-smilie119:
It think itīs this music. I also used no tripod except for one scene to make everything look more alive.

garver_outrender_divx.avi (http://fullmetalpantsu.de/stuff/garver_outrender_divx.avi) DIVX, 576p, ~ 35 MB

Ive never had a dog, nor wanted one.

But your footage is extradonary, very sad. I had a lump also.

SenorKaffee
2007 September 14th, 06:06
Thank you very much - my friend was also very happy about the video.
Iīm not sure if Iīd want a memorial video of my own pet, it could make it harder to carry on. :/