PDA

View Full Version : Slow motion with Tixtor

tkmslee
2007 September 3rd, 21:15
I was on a quest to get really smooth slow motion. I realize that nothing can even come close as if you used a camera with a 60p overcrank, but by following some basic principles, and using Twixtor to smooth it, the results were pretty nice.

I used JES to convert the 60i to 60p and set Twixtor to 50% of the original speed. This clip has regular speed, regular 50% speed, then Twixtor 50% speed to show the differences. Sorry about the compression and small size!

http://hv20.info/yopu/slowmotion1.mov

skinnyboy
2007 September 3rd, 23:59
Nice!
Thanks for taking the time to do that. I'll keep Twixtor in mind next time I need to do slo-mo...

drmadison
2007 September 4th, 00:52
I was looking through the website for Tixtor and have a little question...
Is it a plug-in only (only usable inside of another app like Final Cut), or is it usable as a separate program?

Lucasberg
2007 September 4th, 02:32
That tie was awesome. Do you have a sample of something moving fast slowed down ?

tkmslee
2007 September 4th, 11:55
I was looking through the website for Tixtor and have a little question...
Is it a plug-in only (only usable inside of another app like Final Cut), or is it usable as a separate program?

Yeah it's a plug in to use with your NLEs...I believe it works with any of them.

JeremyCain
2007 September 5th, 10:03
It's actually named Twixtor and is an awesome plugin:

http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/

tkmslee
2007 September 5th, 11:17
It's actually named Twixtor and is an awesome plugin:

http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/

I know...I wish we could edit post titles. Do you have anything you have done with the plug in? I'd like to see other things as well to see what the capabilities are of the plug in. I know it has limitations and it is probably a matter of how you take the footage and plan ahead for it.

JeremyCain
2007 September 5th, 13:47
Do you have anything you have done with the plug in?

It's been a long time since I've used it. I'll have to look and see what I have. I do remember being amazed at how well it interpolated frames and how smooth the slow motion was.

Ian-T
2007 September 5th, 15:24
I know...I wish we could edit post titles. Do you have anything you have done with the plug in? I'd like to see other things as well to see what the capabilities are of the plug in. I know it has limitations and it is probably a matter of how you take the footage and plan ahead for it.I don't know if it's still there but on their site they used to have a music video by a well known group (I forgot their name). I think the video shows what this software is capable of.

Edit: Just checked...it's still there. Groups name is Autozam.

pascalbrown
2007 September 5th, 16:09
From what I see on their website you can only use this in After Effects or Avid, is that correct?

Can you use it in Vegas?

Floomdesk
2007 September 5th, 16:37
Vegas allready has something like twixtor and its the same progress. Its called smart resample, if you slow down a video and go to the properties of the clip you can activate it.

lomax
2007 September 9th, 14:04
May I ask what 35mm Adapter you used?

Mr. Postman
2008 January 19th, 19:57
Damn! That plugin is so expensive for for FCP for Mac...

Fletch78
2008 January 19th, 21:13
I tried 'artificial' slow motion with ReTimer, After Effect's Timewarp and Dynapel's discontinued Motionperfect (or Slowmotion, which is a more basic version). The latter yielded the best results, which is amazing considering the price. It can be found on a few websites for a ridiculous price or...well...on not so legal sites. I wonder if it's still that illegal now that it's not really officially available anymore, but I don't want to support software piracy here by all means.

Oh, I almost forgot: unfortunately it's Windows only, so no 'new' solution for you FCP users.

TheoO
2008 January 31st, 00:13
what about premiere pro cs3 ?... when I try to do slow motion .. it does not look right at all...

musicjules
2008 February 6th, 17:52
what about premiere pro cs3 ?... when I try to do slow motion .. it does not look right at all...

i used twixtor in premiere CS3 with incredible results :
www.vimeo.com/666443

++

bansheeproductions
2008 February 6th, 18:17
Im using Twixtor Pro 4.5 with FCP how do you get it so that theres no lines saying Twixtor or anythign across the rendered video? I bought it and it sitilll doesnt work

musicjules
2008 February 10th, 07:27
Im using Twixtor Pro 4.5 with FCP how do you get it so that theres no lines saying Twixtor or anythign across the rendered video? I bought it and it sitilll doesnt work

when tou install it you have to enter your serial number that's all. if you still have a problem PM me... i'll help you ;)